Looking for class1experience - will relocate anywhere

I have had my class 2 licence for 14 months and class 1 for 11 months. I was working full time for a builders merchants using HIAB. There were no companies with class 1 rigs in my area. I have moved to Glasgow temporarily, to try and find someone who willl give me a try on artics, but find the agencies slow at the moment.

I am willing to relocate anywhere in the UK for class 1 work. I am willing to work any hours. I am an extremely reliable and dependable individual. I will even work for free with a co driver until I am judged to be fully up to speed.

I have my own transport and can be available for an interview at any time.

I have current HIAB and C/B forklift licences and can provide references confirming my last years class 2/HIAB solid driving work.

Please can anyone help?

Its a long way from glasgow but you could always ask my company (roy bowles transport) they seem to take on anyone. They took me on for a start :laughing:
Look on internet under roy bowles & take no notice of the must have 2 years experience bla bla bla. I was a new driver & they took me on.

macfarlanes in leeds take on anyone if peter sutcliffe was released tomorrow he could be on mac’s but tea time.

anyway they had drivers based in glasgow.

jessicas dad:
macfarlanes in leeds take on anyone if peter sutcliffe was released tomorrow he could be on mac’s but tea time.

anyway they had drivers based in glasgow.

But at least Peter Sutcliffe has class one experience.

Pete, its a rush job mate. You will have to put the hammer down :stuck_out_tongue:

WHAT about shunting work, just to get you
experience of moveing the vehicle around
as you will get the chance to improve
certain skills and there is all ways the
chance of a getting a position driveing a
artic on the roads after a while,

Edited for personal attack

Good luck in your search Steve

Far from being idiotic, I think your flexibility and obvious ambition is admirable.

As everyone points out, it’s difficult to get that first step on the ladder, and often a long hard slog to get to the position where you can be a bit more choosy about the sort of work you do. Until then, good on you for doing all you can to make yourself an attractive proposition for potential employers.

The only drawback being that you may leave yourself open to being taken advantage of, - but that’s down to your own discretion and judgement.

All the best :slight_smile:

Thanks grumpybum!

I have been getting nothing but abuse from Edward Teller after I PM’d him and told him I had good reasons for offering to exchange work for experience.
It’s my time and I can do what I wish with it. Obviously I would only work until I am ok on my own. Shouldn’t take long and I am competent going forward just got to get used to reversing, which is a common problem for newbies.

Thanks for your support. I came here looking for help and have had a few good contacts already.

Kind Regards

Steve Watt

By working for nothing, someone who needs the money is possibly deprived of a paying job, in one of of your e-mails to me you said you did not need money as you had plenty, lucky you.

You chose to e-mail me telling me what i could and could not say on this forum, only the moderators do that, not a wannabe,if you post on here and you say something stupid or idiotic people will soon tell you.

Offering to work for nothing is stupid and idiotic.

A certain truck magazine had to stop carrying ads from fools like you because the cowboys in this industry and there are lots! were using them as the mugs they were.

As you are so sensitive i suggest you find a job more suited to your temprement, making dolls clothes, knitting, something more suited to a
Edited for personal attack R

If you fancy coming to Yorkshire Reed Boardall are wanting drivers on days/nights or 4 on 4 off.

Call Graham on 01423 321309