Looking for Class 2 work in Derby

I passed my LGV C in December and at the moment I still have not found any work, I am 47 and have many years experience driving vans/7.5 trucks but due to the fact only recently got my class 2 nobody seems to want to give me a job, its the same old story, gotta have held it for 2 years… Does anybody know what agencies accept new drivers ■■ Im based in Derby. Cheers :smiley:

Not local to #Derby so cant help with agencies , but its normal to find it hard at first, just go round knocking on doors have saftey shoes high viz, gloves etc in boot and look around your nearest industrial estates , have a chat with drivers you never know they might know of someone leaving and you can get in first ,
You will get all the knockbacks just dont take it personally , you never know you could be in the right place at the right time and bingo you landed yourself a start , most newbies get theyre first break by luck and just perseverence .
It will happen and you will be on here soon telling us all about your first day , Jan - Mar always slow for everyone just keep looking

good luck :smiley:

Call our office 01623 620062. We have an agency recruiting for Sports Direct at Shirebrook (nr Junc 29 MI) Believe they really want CE but they do run rigids. Ask for the number at our office. They are happy to take new drivers.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Go in and register with Driverhire in Derby and also register with the one in Nottingham, i,ve just signed up with two of their agencies in the southeast, and they dont have a problem with newly qualified drivers. As Jennie said, seems its gonna be quiet for the early part of the year. Wish you luck with the search:D :smiley:

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated :smiley:

Here’s a couple of agencies to try in Derby Im sure ive seen advert’s on Jobcentre / Jobsite recently for class 2 work
agency work can be a little hit and miss this time of the year as I know myself at the min . I have worked for these
agencies myself in the past or still do .

Best Connection Derby
JT Recruitment
Extra personal Derby
Driver Hire Though im sure the Burton upon trent office now cover’s Derby area

Steer clear of Smart recruitment if u can as there not the best to work for .

Hope this helps u in your hunt for work if not try calling local company’s who may have something or could take your
details for future reference .

Thanks Greggo, I will give them all a call today :smiley: