Looking for an old firm called potton timber

as per my first post im looking for lorry firms my late dad used to work for called POTTON TIMBER , so if anyone has any pictures of the old firm , especially when they use to haul the houses on there step trailers id be very greatfull.

Barry

I don’t remember Potter Timber running Lorries, but I did haul out there in the late 90’s for a company I can’t remember its name.

I do remember the owner though as a one “Ben” who lives in the old converted Potton Station cottage. His company goes back a very long way with Potton timber, I know that at least his old man ran haulage out of there, and his old man has been gone a long long time. Other clues is they park up at the back of a house on Potton Rd in the village, I should be certain that they are the only ones parking up inside the village, I had a bright red ERF eaton god knows if they still have it.

These people maybe able to help you, most of their drivers have been there 20 - 30 years and that was back in the 90’s!

Hope that helps a little.

barrryg:
as per my first post im looking for lorry firms my late dad used to work for called POTTON TIMBER , so if anyone has any pictures of the old firm , especially when they use to haul the houses on there step trailers id be very greatfull.

Barry

Barry, it’s a while since I’ve been to the Potton/Gamlingay area, but the last firm I remember doing most of Potton timbers frames etc. was Kitcheners running plain white Ivecos, their yard is on the road from Potton to Gamlingay next door to John Newmans body repairers.
Their office address is listed as: T.B Kitchener - Chapel Yd. Chapel St, Potton, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 2YP but that could out of date as the listings also included W. S. Merrill who packed up a few years ago, (whose yard was next door to Potton timbers factory on the outskirts of Gt. Gransden)

Nick

Barry, it’s a while since I’ve been to the Potton/Gamlingay area, but the last firm I remember doing most of Potton timbers frames etc. was Kitcheners running plain white Ivecos, their yard is on the road from Potton to Gamlingay next door to John Newmans body repairers.
Their office address is listed as: T.B Kitchener - Chapel Yd. Chapel St, Potton, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 2YP but that could out of date as the listings also included W. S. Merrill who packed up a few years ago, (whose yard was next door to Potton timbers factory on the outskirts of Gt. Gransden)

Nick
[/quote]

That was the buggers, thanks Nick. Your right they had White Iveco’s mainly and 1 red ERF Eaton. The Iveco’s parked up where you said and the Reddy parked up in the village. Bloody hell its all flooding back.