Looking for an easy(er) life?

I passed my class 2 today, I’m not really a newbie, I’ve been driving 7.5 for 20 + years, general haulage, multi drop etc.
After the last 10 years lugging beers and spirits up and down stairs I’m looking for something a little less physical.
Any suggestions please?

Yep get a class 1

nick2008:
Yep get a class 1

+1

As you should already know pal, a lot of class VAN is still pretty physical…
There are exceptions, and some worse than others, but in the whole I doubt you’ll find much!

This is why I became a bender! :open_mouth: As I didn’t fancy pushing and pulling a pallet truck or cage across gravel, up kerbs, etc…
Class 1 generally involves a forkie, or some monkeys rooting around in your backside for a while! :laughing:
Also it tends to include more waiting around at drops for your turn, so stick it on break and hit the bunk! :sunglasses:

I work on tankers now, so have very little interaction with the load other than connecting a few hoses, open some valves and pressing a couple of buttons. Then I stand around, scratch my arse, look gorgeous and check I can still see my toes over my belly! :smiley:

Enjoy pal!

A suggestion which may help, I passed, done 3 months class 2 agency and opted for class 2 plastic deliveries all clean work and slides out of stillages, I am with jsb haulage Sittingbourne, been here 7 months in the old jalopy and they have now brought me a new Auto with air con , no more than 2 nights out generally, some 2 day runs salaried 26k take the good with the bad, we also have dhm plastics close by, try looking up plastics in your area, works well for me.

If you told us where you are, suggestions could be more useful to you :wink:

sorry, I’m in essex near Harlow