Looking for advice on mobile broadband

Having sorted power for my laptop I’m now looking to get mobile broadband and have a few questions.

Which network offers the best coverage?.

At present I’m only doing 1 night out a week so what sort of data allowance would suit for say a maximum of 12 hrs use a month?.

If I choose PAYG are the top-ups time limited or valid until the data allowance is used up?.

Cheers in advance

Neilf

Three mobile has the best coverage for mobile broadband.
You can get a dongle for £30 with 1gb threestore.three.co.uk/payg/deal … e=DSLPP504
it lasts a month and it costs £10 for an extra 1gb, and £15 for 3gb.
Or you can get a rolling 1 month contract for £15 a month and £9.99 one off cost for the dongle which gives you 5gb a month threestore.three.co.uk/dealsumma … =1MB5GD010

OK, so I am looking at mobile Broadband, and there is a lot of choice. I don’t plan to use it much, only when I night out. Being agency i might only stay out 3 nights one week, then nothing for 3 weeks, then 2 nights a week for 3 weeks etc. I don’t want a pay monthly, as that would be expensive for me, but when I look at the available PAYG schemes, they all look like ripoffs. Is there any provider that will sell me a dongle, then sell me an amount of data, say 3G, which I can use until it runs out, then top up again. They all seem to have a time limit on useage, 30 days seems the maximum. Why? If I buy an amount of data, why does it run out after 30 days? If i bought a cream cake, ate half of it, then left the rest in my fridge for a month, i would expect not to be able to eat it, but data doesn’t go off! This is exactly the same as the first PAYG mobiles, top up, then if you don’t use it, you lose it.

Also, my home is in the middle of the country, so no decent mobile signal here, but i don’t want to use it at Home, can anyone say what the signals are like in MSA’s and truckstops?
another question, can I connect to the free Wi-Fi service in MSA’s and truckstops from my truck? or do I have to lug my laptop into the cafe, and sit there drinking expensive coffee?

Three also do a broadband starter pack £79.99 comes with a dangle and 12 gig which is valid for 12 months
this is the best deal on the high street at the moment as all the others expire after 30 days only available in store though
cheers
Steve

i have a virgin media dongle £5 per month 1 gig usage ,good enough for odd nights out etc . used it 4 nights aweek then grandson used it at weekend,never went over 1 gig. :slight_smile: