Looking for a work

Hi all, im a newbie so if im posting things in wrong place please dont shout at me lol.

Im looking for work and im having difficulty. Basically im doing a multidrop job delivering refridgerated/frozen good.

I was working for a building company delivering materials using a brick grab (i have ALLMI license)and my employer promised me a big pay rise afer my initial probation period so after succesfully passing my probation my boss denied all conversations so I was now earning less than a manual unskilled worker earning less, working more and travelling further so as a result I left and joined up with an agency who are ripping me off big time. The promised me £10 per hour which I do get… however they then take away employers national insurance contributions (plus my own tax and national insurance) and they pay me through an umbrella money laundering backhand swopping scheme where my employer pays the agency… the agency re work my figure by outting me on a lower wage but topping it up with bonus and charge me for the priveledge so all in all im actually earning £7.50 per hour so im now in a worse situation and most agencies all they do is advertise jobs, you go register and they say after an hour of form filling that they got nothing whilst still advertising for bogus jobs.

Anyway im looking to be pointed in the right direction for a full time permanent job driving a class 2 vehicle with or without hiab in a secure employment in the St Helens (Merseyside area near M6 junction 21A)

I have good references and im looking for about £24k im not expecting easy money and i am prepared to work for it but I got employers lying to me, agencies ripping me off and advertising false jobs wasting my time and everyone elses. I know employers dont like to advertise on websites because agencies deliberately bombard them with emails, phone calls and false applications not to waste the employers time so the employers give in and turn to agencies hence we cant gt a word in.

Sorry for the documentary but any pointers in the right direction not only would i be extremely grateful but i willalso shut up lol.

Thankyou in advance, Brian

I’ve moved your post to a forum in which I think it will receive more views and discussion. dd. :smiley:

The good companies don’t need to advertise, as drivers will be approaching them asking if they have any work going.

I got my current job by phoning the firm I work for and asking to speak to whoever dealt with the driver recruitment, arranged a time I could go and have a chat/interview of sorts with them and had a job offer and contract within a week.

At the time I had less than a months hgv experience with an agency since passing my cat C test. During the same week I also went to see 3 other firms via job ads and the above tactic and got offered jobs with each of them so was spoilt for choice.

Can’t help with suggesting any firms in your area as live in Cambridgeshire.

thanks for that. I have tried and all i get is the “send us your c.v.” but never heard a reply. I later found out agencies are just paying people to just hound companies and waste thier time so jobs go through them, making them thousands. At the moment im just being ripped off by my agency, they make me pay the “employers national insurance contributions” as well as my own national insurance and paid via an umbrella/money laundering company so although im being paid £10 per hour im actually really being paid about £7.50 minus my tax and n.i. The option is to leave but proper full time jobs take weeks to appear after first advert and i cant afford to be unemployed and the agency knows this, kick them while thier down and all that.

Anyway thankyou for your advice and it was gratefully recieved