Looking for a new Job.....

Well after nearly 6 years working on muddy, dusty , building sites getting wet, burnt and abused by forklift drivers I have decided to look for another job.
I’m sick to death of having a filthy cab full of mud and crap!!

When I started this job at the interview I was told it was 45 hours a week , no need to worry about the 48 WTD as we would never get any where near it… Well I now never do below 54 a week for the same money.

That might not be a lot of hours to some people but this is a salaried job, I left a well paid job that worked more hours but more money for this , now I’m worse off.

The vehicles w&d are not really up to the job, I do 4 nights out a week in a fm ,the crane is total tosh!! Atlas say they spent years perfecting this crane and our company with there little safety add ons have completely destroyed it! It used to take 15 mins to off load 18 packs of blocks now it takes 1 hour…

I don’t mind working the long hours as long as I get a fair wage for what I do…
So next week ill be on the hunt for a new job, my philosophy on life is if you don’t enjoy your job do one that you do enjoy or else you will have a miserable life…

Just a little moan or rant but I feel better to get it off my chest…

Good luck. All too often you hear people moan how ■■■■■■ the job is but they aren’t prepared to get off their arse to find something better. It’s refreshing to see someone doing something instead of sounding off.

It’s always been my mantra, do something you enjoy doing regardless of cash rather than take big cash for ulcer making jobs. Just don’t quit until you get another job, it’s easier to get work when in work.