Looking for a manual for a Mercedes 813

Hi
I wonder if anyone here can help.
I’ve acquired an old 1980 Mercedes 813 truck and as I’m hoping to do my own work on it need a workshop manual . Anyone know where I might get one?
On a specific issue, I just put it through its HGV test for the first time and it didn’t do bad considering but failed on having a loose front wheel bearing A mechanic at the testing station says these bearings are adjustable . I’ve opened it up and had a look but its tricky to feel the play properly.
I guess I really need to back off the brakes but it’s all pretty tricky I can’t tell for sure which are the adjusters or which way they should be turned to back off the shoes.
I wonder if there are any online diagrams or something ( if I can’t get a manual ).
Any help or advise would be appreciated .
Paul

You could try a Merc truck dealer ask the parts department if its on the E- parts catalogue and get them
to print the section with the brakes-bearing etc :bulb: :neutral_face:

You shouldn’t need to touch the brake adjustment for a wheel bearing adjustment, as long as they are not binding it should be easily adjusted by removing the hub cap with a socket or if you haven’t got one big enough a chisel should undo it. Undo the Allen key locknut and tighten the lock ring till the free play has gone, don’t over tighten it as this will damage the bearings.

adesoo:
You shouldn’t need to touch the brake adjustment for a wheel bearing adjustment, as long as they are not binding it should be easily adjusted by removing the hub cap with a socket or if you haven’t got one big enough a chisel should undo it. Undo the Allen key locknut and tighten the lock ring till the free play has gone, don’t over tighten it as this will damage the bearings.

Exactly as Adesoo says. TheLP 813 was bombproof. We ran one to over 800,000kms on its original driveline when Fords, Bedfords & Commers used to expire at 250,000kms. A very simple straightforward truck to work on also.

The wheel bearing is a straightforward procedure as described above. The brake adjusters on the 813 are a simple cam affair. There are two 17mm(IIRC) studs protruding from the dustcover, one top and one bottom. Anticlockwise to release and clockwise to adjust. Jack up your wheel, turn the adjuster clockwise until the linings touch the drum. Back it off a tad for clearance.