Looking for a kettle

I’m looking at getting a kettle to make life in my scania a little more bearable.

Any recommendations or one’s to avoid?

Is there a major difference between web and 24v options

Thanks

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Hoggydog:

Get one to put on your gas stove, the electric 12/24v are slow & like watching paint dry

peirre:

Hoggydog:

Get one to put on your gas stove, the electric 12/24v are slow & like watching paint dry

Paint dries quicker

Got one from Roadking, 24v model and it takes about 15 mins to boil 0.7l of water.

When picking, check the amperage of your cig lighter / hella plugs and whether they do 24v then match it to the kettle. My old truck was 15A max and kettle I think was 10A so didn’t blow. Wouldn’t trust it on anything higher rated.

In theory 24v should use less amperage than 12v but dont think it makes a massive difference.

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/231661075644?_mwBanner=1

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-2-5-Liter-S … nav=SEARCH

Pierre is on the money.

Gas burner and an old tin whistler. Brew time el rapido.

(although I prefer a massive detour to the nearest services).

Thanks for the replies guys.

Unfortunately a gas burner is a no go.

I’m not that bothered about the time the kettle takes ( I tend to do short hop trunking so my plan is to fill it and switch it on at one end ready to make a brew at the other I just would prefer the ■■■■ thing is still working four months down the line.

When I read the title, I thought, how the ■■■■ do you lose a kettle. :slight_smile:

My microwave makes me a brew in under 4 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a night on the ■■■■ I cant even find the kitchen let alone the kettle …

Waeco…4 minutes for a mugs worth but change the plug for a 20amp hella the cig one gets very hot. Hasn’t blown my 15amp fuse on my 24v socket.

end of thread

I have a Camping-Gaz bottle with the screw in burner, but due to the price of gas I use the 24V kettle I got for £16 at Alconbury. As long as you dont fill it up much past the element(enough for a large mug) it boils in no time…and for free!

Hoggydog:
Thanks for the replies guys.

I’m not that bothered about the time the kettle takes ( I tend to do [zb] hop trunking so my plan is to fill it and switch it on at one end ready to make a brew at the other I just would prefer the ■■■■ thing is still working four months down the line.

Get a JetBoil, compact and easy to store/carry and brew up time is PDQ.

A.

Hoggydog:

You didn’t state this in your original post

Adonis.:
Get a JetBoil, compact and easy to store/carry and brew up time is PDQ.

A jet boil IS a gas burner :unamused:

eagerbeaver:
Pierre is on the money.

Gas burner and an old tin whistler. Brew time el rapido.

(although I prefer a massive detour to the nearest services).

Or get a George Clooney machine in the cab

red7jase:
Waeco…4 minutes for a mugs worth but change the plug for a 20amp hella the cig one gets very hot. Hasn’t blown my 15amp fuse on my 24v socket.

end of thread

I know these Waecos are more expensive than any others, so how long do they last under normal use.
My record for the cheaper ones is about 11 months, so I keep the receipt and take them back before guarantee is up faulty or not…on about my 6th now. :smiley:
Ok, I know it’s abusing the system but they should build the ■■■■ things to last longer, given how dear they are. :unamused:

raymundo:
After a night on the ■■■■ I cant even find the kitchen let alone the kettle …

Is that because it’s called a Galley on a boat? :wink: