Looking for a job in Grangemouth area?

Hi

I am a class 1 driver living in Falkirk and would like to know if anyone knows of any jobs available in the Grangemouth/Falkirk area.

Cheers.

you could try Pollocks at Bathgate

Ive worked for Pollocks before, in fact it was my last job, i was on the International Timber contract in Grangemouth, loved the job but werent happy i wouldnt speed for them and go over my legal hours so they spoke to Pollock who removed me from the contract and paid me off!!!

Try Maxi in Bellshill.

Paul

Try John Mitchells, they took on a couple of lads recently. A bit of running around on containers and driving a MAN all day but still easy money.

Just drive through the area and count the companies! Either that or sit at the entrance to the docks (container end) and you’ll see plenty of local firms going in and out for ideas of who to contact.

Failing that, contact me and I’ll put you in touch with a couple of agencies who are gagging for it if your looking to go down that road.

Chris

stagedriver:
Try John Mitchells, they took on a couple of lads recently. A bit of running around on containers and driving a MAN all day but still easy money.

Just drive through the area and count the companies! Either that or sit at the entrance to the docks (container end) and you’ll see plenty of local firms going in and out for ideas of who to contact.

Failing that, contact me and I’ll put you in touch with a couple of agencies who are gagging for it if your looking to go down that road.

Chris

Yeah ive done containers before and its easy work, have been registered with a few agencies but want off that now, fed up with 1 or 2 days a week and the crap shifts they give you.

Thanks.

You must be kidding? I’ve got two agencies in the area calling me dispite telling them it’s my day of begging me to work!

In the falkirk area I could work 8 days a week if I wanted at the mo.

stagedriver:
You must be kidding? I’ve got two agencies in the area calling me dispite telling them it’s my day of begging me to work!

Only 2 days work last week and 2 days work this week, just registered with another agency yesterday that is the sole supplier to john mitchell to try get in there.

Just want back to a full time thing, cant b bothered with no work.

Asuming your on about Target, you’ll be quiet in Mitchels just now, but weekends can be busy in there.

I’ve heard rumours, serious rumours about an agency in Bellshill paying around £14 + per hour!

Try Duncan Adams they do quite a bit of container work, mainly days now i think, as i spoke to one of their drivers recently who said that they hardly send anyone down south tramping now, (that used to be a decent % of their work).

Not sure about money etc but I’d imagine it would be on par with John Mitchell etc.

They also have the contract for finnforest which I’d imagine is on a similar if not larger scale than the International Timber one you mentioned so decent chance of you getting on that.

The kit seems below average, a lot of scruffy, older trailers, but they seem to renewing the tractors with a lot of 10 and 11 plate MAN’S and Renaults. You’ll start off with a heap of a truck though obviously!

stagedriver:
Asuming your on about Target, you’ll be quiet in Mitchels just now, but weekends can be busy in there.

I’ve heard rumours, serious rumours about an agency in Bellshill paying around £14 + per hour!

Its not Target i was on about mate, its Driver Hire, ive just registered with Target on Friday.

Which agency in Bellshill mate?

dave_k:
Try Duncan Adams they do quite a bit of container work, mainly days now i think, as i spoke to one of their drivers recently who said that they hardly send anyone down south tramping now, (that used to be a decent % of their work).

Not sure about money etc but I’d imagine it would be on par with John Mitchell etc.

They also have the contract for finnforest which I’d imagine is on a similar if not larger scale than the International Timber one you mentioned so decent chance of you getting on that.

The kit seems below average, a lot of scruffy, older trailers, but they seem to renewing the tractors with a lot of 10 and 11 plate MAN’S and Renaults. You’ll start off with a heap of a truck though obviously!

Yeah ive worked for them mate, its an easy job and your not hard pushed so id get back in there no probs, my dad is on the finnforest contract and ive done it a few times, may try get back in there again.