Looking for a driver for Euro Work?

Join the queue mate! :wink:

Harry Monk:

Is it a long one? :unamused:

If you want to keep the kids amused one day, go down to Dover Eastern Docks and play “Spot the British Lorry”.

Harry Monk:
If you want to keep the kids amused one day, go down to Dover Eastern Docks and play “Spot the British Lorry”.

Ive done that lots Mr Monk. I quite often take my car over to Poland. I cannot believe how bad it has become. Its no wonder the industry in the UK is suffering so badly.

Regards
Chris

At the risk of getting shot down in flames, You could try Vdb. 3 weeks out 1 week home based out in Holland. There was a small thread on here recently about them :grimacing:

Pm Calidonian dream for more info, he seems to be some sort of senior man for them in UK

Semtex:
At the risk of getting shot down in flames, You could try Vdb. 3 weeks out 1 week home based out in Holland. There was a small thread on here recently about them :grimacing:

Pm Calidonian dream for more info, he seems to be some sort of senior man for them in UK

Thanks Semtex, will PM him. Thanks for the heads up.

Chris Hunter,hello,which airline did you work for,how many hours PIC do you have mate?Is your ATPL still valid,can you teach IMC as an instructor?There are plenty of Irish firms that go to Europe,but they have a bad name for too many hours to get ferries,and dont like drivers taking 45 hours weekly rest periods,they like 24 hours off,and thats it,till the old bill catch you,the it is a big fine,and parked up untill you have had the legal rest period.
I did a stint at RAF Brize,on cargo/passenger movements,C17`s,Hercs,Tristar,VC10,and all the Boeing fleet,medi vac roles,floor configurations,load intensities and all tha jazz.
If you get work,you need an attestation activity form from the boss,to show you have no tachos for the last 28 days,do not hand write on it,they can be downloaded on the computer,i got fined 2301 euros for this,the boss paid me back,the Spanish Basque Police would not let me leave,for 7 days,i was stuck in a service station,near the French border.If you transit Germany,and Belgium,they have a new law,that the load must be restrained by straps,some goods can not be ratchet strapped,like crushable small boxes,it is mainly heavy and bulky stuff that they do not want to pick up off the road after you have had an accident,due to cost of retrieving the goods.Hours are to remind you,are 90 in a fortnight,or 56,then 34 hours of driving.Be sure the firm you work for,secures the trailer with a TIR cord and note the seal numbers on the CMR paper work to show you have taken avoiding steps to prevent clandestines entering the trailer at or near to any French Port,like Dieppe,Calais ect.This will reduce the £2000 fine for each immigrant in the trailer.Lots of drivers plan the journey,so not to stop near the port areas of France.

There are 3 in the drivers vacancies section

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=66272

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=66068

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=65857

toby1234abc:
Chris Hunter,hello,which airline did you work for,how many hours PIC do you have mate?Is your ATPL still valid,can you teach IMC as an instructor?.

Hi Toby, RyanAir. My instructor rating has lasped and I am out of currency on smaller stuff now so I cannot instruct you in IMC. There are plenty of airfields offering IMC training at good prices these days. Sorry I cant help :cry:

With regards to all that Euro stuff, Im well versed in it all mate. I used to run my own trucks. Im well versed with continental driving.

chris hunter:

Harry Monk:

Could you get to Warsaw ASAP?

That’s where the end of the queue is currently. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

chris hunter:

Harry Monk:

Could you get to Warsaw ASAP?

That’s where the end of the queue is currently. :wink:

Only just picked this up. Yes I know my way to Warsaw well.

Think he may have missed the small print Coffeeholic! :laughing:

Fileep:
Think he may have missed the small print Coffeeholic! :laughing:

Indeed. :smiley: :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue:

It amazes me, I worked hard to get my PPL ,but Chris as an airline pilot wanting to jack it in and go back to driving again . I know he is a pilot for Ryanair and having looked at Ihateryanair and the Ryanair staff web site that Mr O,Leary can be a sod to work for (according to the staff website the crew rent their uniforms from Ryanair,if they loose/destroy a piece of uniform ,they have to buy a replacement and then rent it !!) but I think its a bit extreme ,even if his landings are greasers

kerbut:
It amazes me, I worked hard to get my PPL ,but Chris as an airline pilot wanting to jack it in and go back to driving again . I know he is a pilot for Ryanair and having looked at Ihateryanair and the Ryanair staff web site that Mr O,Leary can be a sod to work for (according to the staff website the crew rent their uniforms from Ryanair,if they loose/destroy a piece of uniform ,they have to buy a replacement and then rent it !!) but I think its a bit extreme ,even if his landings are greasers

Yes RyanAir is crap to work for. Always problems for both passengers, and crew alike. I want to come back to driving.

I understand why you want to come back to Driving :open_mouth: If you can make a half decent wage and have fun doing it. Its all good. Or you just cant stand the misses. :smiley:

hi chris.jc fiolet at arques in france have a vacancy,all uk and euro work reg pay every month,ukn regd vehicles uk tax and pay in stirling,all good work normally mon/fri and home weekends,some sat/sun work rdc work to supermarkets