Looking for a break

still trying hard phoned all local firms hand deliverd cv filled in application forms ,does any body know if any firms in the teeside area would be willing to give a new driver a start .thanks trenz

just keep trying but its gonna be hard with the general slowdown in work
keep at regular job and try to do agency at weekends for experience

failing that see if local haulier will let you ride shotgun the someone doing a Saturday

How far you are willing to travel? If about 30-40miles try Reed Boardall Down at Bororbridge.

I think that at the moment newbies are going to have an harder time than usual getting a start, there are loads of blokes with bags of experience looking for work (some on here) as well as the Poles, Romanian, and other unwanted immigrants willing to work for less than us.

I think any of you lads that look at this site and want to be truckers might be well advised to save your money for a while, and stick to what you’re doing till things improve, if indeed they ever do, I know this may sound depressing but I think bad times are ahead for us all.

give them a call DAVID FOX

Just a tip - don’t waste your time with Prestons of Potto, I called in last friday and was told they had no full-time vacancies (even though there is a board outside saying HGV 1 drivers wanted), however if I wanted to drive for them for a week without pay to prove myself due to my lack of experience then they might be able to give me the odd holiday cover shift - don’t think my bank manager will see it from the same point of view!!!

I think its an absolute disgrace that Prestons such make a suggestion like that, and I am also very surprised, as they are supposed to be one of the better employers in this cowboy plagued industry.

And if they have no vacancies and you do a week to “prove” yourself, they will obviously state at the end of the week that you are not up to scratch.

DAVID FOX God help us.

mebby try Morrisons at Stockton, they take on new drivers down here as long as the trial drive goes ok

CBR_SI:
mebby try Morrisons at Stockton, they take on new drivers down here as long as the trial drive goes ok

I’ve just had a “we’ll keep your information on file” letter from them too. Seems like everywhere is already fully stocked on drivers.

our company based in holme on spalding moor have just started a guy who recently passed his test and we are looking for drivers just now.