Looking at doing my training for both c and ce

Here goes, well I’m looking at doing my training to get my class c+e licence.

Please could someone explain to me what the process is, obviously I need my class c first, but what about the cpc etc

Thanks in advance

You can do the initial cpc whenever you like but you require it to work so get it done ASAP, I did mine after my C pass.

You need your medical done, Theory and hazard perception also, then do your C training and test.

TJ82:
You can do the initial cpc whenever you like but you require it to work so get it done ASAP, I did mine after my C pass.

You need your medical done, Theory and hazard perception also, then do your C training and test.

Thanks for the reply. Is the initial cpc the 35 hour course?

The periodic 35 hours only applies if you have grandfather rights, when did you pass your car test?

First step is medical, tick C and D on the application for your provisional, always handy to have both and if you ever fancy driving buses it saves the cost of another medical.

Wait for your license to come back then book your theory, hazard and mod 2*.

Now, you can either look at doing your class 2 (C) first or your cpc mod 4*

(Mod 2 and mod 4 are starred because if you have to do the initial CPC, then you must do these and not the 35 hours periodic.)

You have to passed your theory and hazard before doing your Class 2 test, and same with CPC, you must do mod 2 before mod 4.

neilp1982:
The periodic 35 hours only applies if you have grandfather rights, when did you pass your car test?

First step is medical, tick C and D on the application for your provisional, always handy to have both and if you ever fancy driving buses it saves the cost of another medical.

(Mod 2 and mod 4 are starred becauise if you have to do the initial CPC, then you must do these and not the 35 hours periodic.)

You have to passed your theory and hazard before doing your Class 2 test, and same with CPC, you must do mod 2 before mod 4.

I passed my car licence in 1999.

richcfc1:

neilp1982:

(Mod 2 and mod 4 are starred becauise if you have to do the initial CPC, then you must do these and not the 35 hours periodic.)

I passed my car licence in 1999.

Hi

In that case you will need the initial CPC. Mod 2 & Mod 4.

All you need to know is contained within the link in my signature below

The easy way to get the info is to call a good trainer who should talk you through it, start to finish. Saves a lot of time googling etc.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
The easy way to get the info is to call a good trainer who should talk you through it, start to finish. Saves a lot of time googling etc.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

thumbs up to Pete :laughing:
i spoke to a lovely lady at Petes place yesterday and she explained everything i needed to know, very very helpful.

truckdrivertraining.co.uk/co … _cat_c.asp