Look who i met in pamplona today!

went to fuel up today in the IDS AS24 in beriain and looked who i bumped into :smiley:

only spoke for a couple of minutes but what a nice fella

that interior, looks similar, too the black and gold longline, that used to pull boxes out of felixstowe docks?

was that a 45ft fridge trailer he had on. looks a nice truck.

chilistrucker:

if it was heā€™s braver (dafter?) than me risking overlength in spain? be interested to know if it was

jj72:

chilistrucker:

if it was heā€™s braver (dafter?) than me risking overlength in spain? be interested to know if it was

I can picture the smiles on the faces of the ā€˜red capsā€™ when they rolled him in for controll!!

Ross.

it is the old black and gold one he bought it from moody international, and the trailer was only a 24 pallet he said he loses a bit on the rate but the cab makes up for it :smiley:

i did wonder if heā€™d brave going overlength.
wise not to, and i bet he can really relax, on a night out in that :sunglasses:

welshboyinspain:
it is the old black and gold one he bought it from moody international, and the trailer was only a 24 pallet he said he loses a bit on the rate but the cab makes up for it :smiley:

With rates being as crap as they are , how the ā– ā– ā– ā–  does he make the job pay ?

aint most of his trucks on the RnR circuit? im sure they are and im pretty sure they would make more than enough money plus he has his own truck racing team so hes not exactly short of cash is he

Garry himself does some R&R work in the season and yep, he races a truck. But he works hard for his money and spends it wisely. Lets face it, that truck will hold itā€™s money so once youā€™ve got it, itā€™s quite a good investment.
Heā€™s an OK guy as you said (But a pretty tight git ainā€™t ya Gaz :laughing:)

ps. Was he on his way in or out? Need to speak to him and he canā€™t afford to answer abroadā€¦

How hard can anybody work these days ?. Iā€™d be amazed if that truck holds itā€™s value, iā€™ve never known one that does. if thatā€™s a 24 plt fridge iā€™ll eat your socks. You just simply wouldnā€™t find loads for one in this day and age. Iā€™m all in favour of nice kit but lets lay off the bulls**t shall we.

Ex Haulier:
How hard can anybody work these days ?. Iā€™d be amazed if that truck holds itā€™s value, iā€™ve never known one that does. if thatā€™s a 24 plt fridge iā€™ll eat your socks. You just simply wouldnā€™t find loads for one in this day and age. Iā€™m all in favour of nice kit but lets lay off the bulls**t shall we.

would you like sauce on my socks cos when we were fuelling up we were the same length so his trailer was shorter than mine :smiley:
but whatever rocks his boat its his worry if heā€™s full of hot air :laughing:

My my. Donā€™t some people get bitter because they never manged to make a profit or drive a nice truckā€¦

I could teach you a thing or two about how to make a profit out of transport. The first would be not to run a 24plt fridge in a 26plt industry.

only spoke for a couple of minutes but what a nice fella

That would be a mate of mine Niel , top fella . He shipped out last saturday i think , we drove for the same companies a couple of times .

He has had some nice trucks in his time too , not that Iā€™m jealous :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ex Haulier:
I could teach you a thing or two about how to make a profit out of transport. The first would be not to run a 24plt fridge in a 26plt industry.

i agree that running a 24 plt fridge is a bit daft but if heā€™s worried about making a profit why does he waste his money on a race truck? somebody mentioned he runs a racing truck, now thereā€™s a waste of money like watching paint dry but noisier :laughing:

Ex Haulier:

OK, itā€™s a deal. You teach me about fridges and Iā€™ll reciprocate the favout on Jealousy.

Seriously, the rates are crap either way so taking 5-10% cut for less space (if itā€™s not a product that maxā€™s out on wight first) for the privilege of driving a pretty unique truck (which is also a ā– ā– ā– ā–  good advert for the company), isnā€™t that bid a deal. It may eat into profits (yea, what profits) but as a PR exercise, it works well because we are talking BOUT IT.

Jealous, i donā€™t think so. I had a standing order for top of the range trucks when you were still getting excited over the new issue of truck magazine.

Do you seriously think that any customer is going to say, yeah we normally sell in 26 plt lots but we will rearrange everything so that we can use that bloke with the big sleeper cab. If you do, your a bigger idiot than i initally thought.

DoYouMeanMe?:
It may eat into profits (yea, what profits) but as a PR exercise, it works well because we are talking BOUT IT.

Unfortunately weā€™re not the people who he would would benefit from talking about him, Iā€™d bet that heā€™s got some fairly regular ā€˜ton a palletā€™ work were the extra space for 26 pallets wouldnā€™t be needed.

Ross.

Ex Haulier:
ā€¦I had a standing order for top of the range trucks when you were still getting excited over the new issue of truck magazineā€¦

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSLā€¦thats a good put down!! :laughing: :laughing:

Up there with ā€¦ā€œIve done more miles on a cross channel ferry", or "Ive skidded more miles in a truck park than you have ever drivenā€ or the all time classicā€¦" I was in Bagdad before you were out fo your dads bag!!" :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Actually Im gonna start a new threadā€¦ā€œwhats the best put down you have heard / said??ā€

Ex Haulier:
Jealous, i donā€™t think so. I had a standing order for top of the range trucks when you were still getting excited over the new issue of truck magazine.

Do you seriously think that any customer is going to say, yeah we normally sell in 26 plt lots but we will rearrange everything so that we can use that bloke with the big sleeper cab. If you do, your a bigger idiot than i initally thought.

So you bought top spec trucks, but when someone else buys them (and gets one that not many people can) they know nowt. Donā€™t you think it looks a bit pathetic that you brag about having a standing order (yea, like Iā€™ve got one for a new Concorde) but are so eaten up by someone who you donā€™t know, with a better truck that you ever had or saw, that you have to start criticizing his ability to do the job he must be doing OK at to pay for this truck and the others he has, all top spec trucks just like you used to have on standing orderā€¦ Oh yea, truck mag, itā€™s pretty good but I donā€™t suppose you get the full effect with only being able to look at the pictures. If you ask your carer nicely, they might read it to you one day! Such a shame, but I suppose all that dodgy water down there was bound to have long term effects on the yokels.

Ross. Well done, you realise that not all stuff needs 26 pallets to make full weight, others must work on the ā€˜When itā€™s full itā€™s loadedā€™ routine. The old timers used to get away with that sort of thing. They also fail to realise that a well turned out set-up gains interest from suppliers (and sponsors as we know :wink: ) and folk will be more obliging to give them loads.
Missing the 250ā€™s and your best friend Mr Higgs?