Look at life, cpc in 1960 with are wally

afew extra shillings for night work !
youtube.com/watch?v=wvd5Y_maKQc

Nice film!
Any old timers recognise the caff?

Yeah, great video, ( prob Betamax lol ) S type Bedford, Aec Mandator, Albions and the café looks like the ACE on the Norf Circular A406, which has since closed, and reopened, and is still a good night on a Saturday, if your a biker. What days they were though, overalls ( not bib and brace ) although some people preferred them, smoking allowed, but depots full of mud, not many had smooth surfaces in those days, so go to work nice and clean, come home smothered in mud, especially the boots which had been polished to an army shine, in fact my first boots were ex army anyway, full of studs too, and I remember how many times I bruised my shins climbing into them old lorries, via the wheel nut cover, wow I shudder just thinking about them, seats that were bolted to the floor, and we often had to carry a cushion, heavy spring suspension, where you felt every bump, no sleeper cabs, but great camerarderie, every driver spoke to each other, helped each other, even to rope and sheet, every place we delivered, people were polite, and quite often pleased to see you, we were part of a team, part of the country, and very proud. Vehicles have changed a lot, we now have heaters, sleeper cabs ( with central heating ) better conditions, road legal vehicles, and the industry policed very well, but give me back the old days anytime. We slept in digs, where you were welcomed, not only by the owners, but by fellow drivers, all in all it was a pleasure to go to work, how times change eh ! but I remember my dad talking about the good old days, and wondered what he meant, now I can look back and understand exactly.