Longest Diversion

Is this the longest? http://news.stv.tv/highlands-islands/313719-motorists-facing-detour-on-a82-in-highlands-after-rockslides-and-flooding/

Motorists are facing a 120-mile detour after heavy rain and flooding caused rockslides in the Highlands.

Police have closed the A82 between Balbeag and Invermoriston over concerns about falling debris.

Engineers have used explosives to clear the road in places and Forestry Commission officers experts are examining nearby hillsides for unstable rock.

It is thought an old oak tree fell down and triggered the rock fall.

Heard about that on the radio, couldn’t believe it! 120 mile diversion for probably a couple of miles of road. Mind you, what’s a fence gonna do against 6tonne rocks rolling down a hill, you can’t fight mother nature!

A year or more ago one of our drivers left Goole too go to donny ,he ended up at immingham ,when questioned about this he said he was following a diversion :unamused: :roll,he also delivered a full load of cages of rubbish too a shop instead of fresh produce ( claimed he’d checked tri no,fridge setting and seal no ,he also ■■■■■■ himself all over drivers seat and then when rang by boss said he didn’t know he’d done it ,so his claim he followed a diversion too get from goole- donny taking in immingham ham doesn’t suprise me in the least ,the only suprise too me he’s still got a job ,

120 Miles?

Phooey!

Last year there was another rockfall - also in the Highlands - on the Stromeferry road which meant that the ONLY detour available was 140+ miles.

There are times when Englandshire, with all its motorways et al, doesn’t know it’s born!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Win-Stone:
120 Miles?

Phooey!

Last year there was another rockfall - also in the Highlands - on the Stromeferry road which meant that the ONLY detour available was 140+ miles.

There are times when Englandshire, with all its motorways et al, doesn’t know it’s born!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’d rather do the diversion in Scotland than have to drive round the English motorway network.

dozy:
A year or more ago one of our drivers left Goole too go to donny ,he ended up at immingham ,when questioned about this he said he was following a diversion :unamused: :roll,he also delivered a full load of cages of rubbish too a shop instead of fresh produce ( claimed he’d checked tri no,fridge setting and seal no ,he also ■■■■■■ himself all over drivers seat and then when rang by boss said he didn’t know he’d done it ,so his claim he followed a diversion too get from goole- donny taking in immingham ham doesn’t suprise me in the least ,the only suprise too me he’s still got a job ,

One of our drivers. Aka dozy.

happysack:

dozy:

im in t.o now ,trainee planner ,that’s why I say one of our drivers ,had enough of driving ,everything i touched ended up as 15 hrs ,nights in tin boxes ,still 12 hr shifts ,but 4 on 4 off so not bad ( zb me can some drivers winge about everything ) .
Any how how’s your new job going ,hope you negotiated a good wage ,sounds like with you being everywhere ,knowing everything you had them over a barrel

dozy:

happysack:

dozy:

im in t.o now ,trainee planner ,that’s why I say one of our drivers ,had enough of driving ,everything i touched ended up as 15 hrs ,nights in tin boxes ,still 12 hr shifts ,but 4 on 4 off so not bad ( zb me can some drivers winge about everything ) .
Any how how’s your new job going ,hope you negotiated a good wage ,sounds like with you being everywhere ,knowing everything you had them over a barrel

What exactly are you training to plan doze? and is it promotion or punishment :smiley:

Its a worrying prospect indeed

happysack:
Its a worrying prospect indeed

I wonder if he will be planning to prevent some of his drivers carving up the jobs for everybody else and finishing early, (and then being thick enough to come on here and boast about how they can spend the time shaved off the job in the boozer :unamused: )
At least if they do he will know how to deal with them by carrying out what was done to him when he done it :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
A bit like poacher turning gamekeeper :bulb: :smiley: good old dozy always good for a laugh :laughing:

How far will this topic divert before it gets back on track?

Yes, the usual divertions…

Agency drivers take 120 mile diversions every day.

weeto:
How far will this topic divert before it gets back on track?

I see what you did there! :smiley:
Anyway, ask dozy he started it. :smiley:

Congratulations Dozy. I hope your future posts are as informatve and entertaining from a planners point of view as they were when you were a driver !! :smiley: :laughing:
Regards. John.

old 67:
Congratulations Dozy. I hope your future posts are as informatve and entertaining from a planners point of view as they were when you were a driver !! :smiley: [emoji38]
Regards. John.

Is this what is commonly referred to as tongue in cheek?

happysack:

old 67:
Congratulations Dozy. I hope your future posts are as informatve and entertaining from a planners point of view as they were when you were a driver !! :smiley: [emoji38]
Regards. John.

Is this what is commonly referred to as tongue in cheek?

As if… :wink:
Regards. John.

happysack:

dozy:

No, it was an errrrrrrr ahem ‘Friend’ of his :smiley: :smiley:

Only the usual diversions for me , three or four a night , mainly the Midlands.