Long working hours

Longer working…

Hours according to the WHO, are a killer apparently.

I mean who knew?

reuters.com/world/long-work … reddit.com

But the retirement ( pension ) age is being continuously increased because we’re all supposedly living longer. :wink:

Lol @ believing anything WHO says

I think I’ll be alright, although I work 50 hours a week, I only put in about 50% effort.

TruckDriverBen:

The World Health Organisation is an extremely respected organisation. LOL@ village idiots like you who choose to ridicule such studies so you can continue to con yourself that there’s nothing wrong with working 50% more hours than the rest of the country.

There have been many studies into the impacts of long hours and working unsocial hours and none of it is good news. Lorry driving absolutely knackers you both physically and mentally with things like muscular-skeletal problems, diabetes, spinal issues, issues with short term memory as well as reduced life expectancy because of both the amount of hours and the times we work. And despite all of that we still have village idiots who want to work max hours and are so dumb they see themselves as heroes.

Conor:

TruckDriverBen:

The World Health Organisation is an extremely respected organisation. LOL@ village idiots like you who choose to ridicule such studies so you can continue to con yourself that there’s nothing wrong with working 50% more hours than the rest of the country.

I wasn’t on about this article but WHO as a whole has been disgraceful with the China virus. Thus I ain’t reading this article

TruckDriverBen:
I wasn’t on about this article but WHO as a whole has been disgraceful with the China virus. Thus I ain’t reading this article

Yep, you’re the village idiot alright. I’m guessing that’s because the WHO gave an analysis that the press didn’t like because it didn’t fit in with the media’s narrative and the internet tin foil hat brigade’s belief that it was a weaponised virus that escaped from a government lab in Wuhan?

What other complete ■■■■■■■■ about Covid did you buy into? I bet you’re one of those dumbasses who think that it’s all about government control, the big reset, that when they vaccinate you they put a chip in your arm so they can track you… :unamused:

Conor:

TruckDriverBen:

There have been many studies into the impacts of long hours and working unsocial hours and none of it is good news. Lorry driving absolutely knackers you both physically and mentally with things like muscular-skeletal problems, diabetes, spinal issues, issues with short term memory as well as reduced life expectancy because of both the amount of hours and the times we work. And despite all of that we still have village idiots who want to work max hours and are so dumb they see themselves as heroes.

Although i think its a tad naive to suggest that “the rest of the country” is on 40hr weeks (I know people in other professions working 50/60+ on the regular, just not always '‘clocked in’ at work), the rest of what you say is correct. Having recently been fortunate enough to find a way out of years of thanklessly working long hours for hire & reward transport into a more steady driving job with sensible hours, I can say that the health & mental benefits of not being hammered all the time for hours and spending hours vegetating & boredom eating on loading bays in crappy RDCs etc are great. Not to mention actually having more than 2hrs free time after work before bed and not having to warm your tea up in the microwave. I’ve taken a pay cut and only drive ‘poverty’ spec units now, but honestly it’s been well worth it and an eye opener to how poor working conditions are for so many drivers out there. It’s amazing how you condition yourself you think that you have done well finishing work at 5pm when you have been out of bed since 4am 5 days a week. Already losing weight & feeling much better.

TruckDriverBen:

Hey don’t diss Roger Daltrey, he’s one of my (few) heroes. :imp:
:wink: :smiley:

Wow ! :open_mouth:
So it’s official, the ridiculously long working hours we are allowed to do,.(not to mention expected to) are not only a paradox of health and safety, but are harmful to our health and well being…who’d have thought it eh? :open_mouth:
I’ll put that in my ‘No ■■■■ Sherlock’ file. :unamused:
I didn’t need the Who or in fact The Rolling Stones to tell me that, just look at some of the teararse maxing out heroes we all have to endure and work with, who are around 45 yrs old but look like they are somewhere between 65 and just been dug back up.
I think that sends out that message to everybody already perfectly.

robroy:

TruckDriverBen:

Hey don’t diss Roger Daltrey, he’s one of my (few) heroes. :imp:
:wink: :smiley:

+1 Rob but I probably act more like Keith Moon!

TruckDriverBen:

Conor:

TruckDriverBen:

Of course it has, if your opinions are garnered from Trump as it seems they are. Funny how it was only Trump that attacked them

TruckDriverBen:
Thus I ain’t reading this article

Yup you sound very informed and educated on the issues! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Sort of shot yourself in the face there when it comes to people taking you seriously

switchlogic:

TruckDriverBen:

Conor:

TruckDriverBen:

Of course it has, if your opinions are garnered from Trump as it seems they are. Funny how it was only Trump that attacked them

TruckDriverBen:
Thus I ain’t reading this article

Yup you sound very informed and educated on the issues! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Sort of shot yourself in the face there when it comes to people taking you seriously

But your idea of ‘eductated’ is obviously unquestioning belief in what a bunch of Communists tell you to think.You couldn’t make it up.
Yes Trump was wrong it’s actually the Wuhan Chimera not China Virus.
Not man made, no human to human transmission, just like long hours are prematurely killing our work force, but we need to increase the working age because the workers are living too long.

robroy:
So it’s official, the ridiculously long working hours we are allowed to do,.(not to mention expected to) are not only a paradox of health and safety, but are harmful to our health and well being…who’d have thought it eh? :open_mouth:
I’ll put that in my ‘No [zb] Sherlock’ file. :unamused:
I didn’t need the Who or in fact The Rolling Stones to tell me that, just look at some of the teararse maxing out heroes we all have to endure and work with, who are around 45 yrs old but look like they are somewhere between 65 and just been dug back up.

And you say I’m on a wind up rob , you blame other drivers for all the long hours etc , then your the last man out there on a Saturday night , working sundays , bank holidays ,Happy to run in , seem to be one end of the country one minute , the other end the next , it seems to be a case of don’t do as I do , do as I say

I think you have to be very careful for blaming health issues on long hours etc , I did , I blamed diabetis on it , but later found out a lot of family had actually died of it , granted a fair few years ago , it’s the easy option to blame the job , but not always the correct one

Carryfast:
But your idea of ‘eductated’ is obviously unquestioning belief in what a bunch of Communists tell you to think.You couldn’t make it up.

Oh look, more lies.

Carryfast:
You couldn’t make it up.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Carryfast:
just like long hours are prematurely killing our work force, but we need to increase the working age because the workers are living too long.

Ah an expert on working hours now? A man who hasn’t worked this century. Nothing work related will be killing you chap, let alone prematurely

dozy:

robroy:
I’ll put that in my ‘No [zb] Sherlock’ file. :unamused:

And you say I’m on a wind up rob , you blame other drivers for all the long hours etc , then your the last man out there on a Saturday night , working sundays , bank holidays ,Happy to run in , seem to be one end of the country one minute , the other end the next , it seems to be a case of don’t do as I do , do as I say

Aye if you like doze. :neutral_face:

Signing your HGV licence…the longest suicide note ever.

rob22888:
Although i think its a tad naive to suggest that “the rest of the country” is on 40hr weeks

Far from it. The data is out there and in fact the average is actually under 40hrs.

The average hours of weekly work for fulltime employees before the pandemic according to ONS statistics was 37.3hrs.

In the last quarter, Jan-Mar 2021 it was 33.8hrs.

ons.gov.uk/employmentandlab … s/ybuy/lms

Given the average working week as a lorry driver is 55hrs, most lorry drivers are working over one and a half times the average working week for not that much above the national median average wage of about £585.50 per week, which works out at around £31,461 a year. And yet we still have many trying to justify being paid £10-£11/hr saying it’s OK because they’re tramping and can bang the hours in so “take home a good wage”. Nah mate, no you don’t when you’re working twice as long as other people to take home barely a couple of hundred quid more including your night out money.

Janos:
Signing your HGV licence…the longest suicide note ever.

To be fair being shut up in a factory or an office for 8 hours plus over time is no holiday.