Long shot... Scottish Renaults - magazine article

Can any folks remember an article a few years ago in either Commercial Motor, Trucking, Roadway or similar about a small-ish Scottish haulier that runs Renault units with flat trailers?
In particular, the trailers had a ‘in-house built’ rack for their sheets on the headboard of the trailer… always thought it a smart idea and want to research to do something similiar for our trailers!
TIA

“A few year ago” and “flat trailers”?
Try the Oldies forum.
Lots of knowledge there.
(Might cost a packet of humbug to get the info, mind!)

Franglais:
Try the Oldies forum.
Lots of knowledge there.

Give over , it’s Werthers Originals or nowt .

rigsby:

Franglais:
Try the Oldies forum.
Lots of knowledge there.

Give over , it’s Werthers Originals or nowt .

When I said “humbug” I weren’t referring to sweeties!
[emoji3]

Lawson’s of cockermouth have a in house made sheet rack on there trailers

biggriffin:

Pity they don’t fit their trailers with indicators so that they can acknowledge you flashing them in as they pass you at 900mph! :imp:

GCR2ERF:
Can any folks remember an article a few years ago in either Commercial Motor, Trucking, Roadway or similar about a small-ish Scottish haulier that runs Renault units with flat trailers?
In particular, the trailers had a ‘in-house built’ rack for their sheets on the headboard of the trailer… always thought it a smart idea and want to research to do something similiar for our trailers!
TIA

The ‘few’ years ago was anything from 2 - 5 years… you know how time flies! Black/red livery springs to mind (but I can’t be sure) and they weren’t a big fleet; somewhere between 5 - 20 artics?

Thanks for the help so far :smiley: :smiley:

biggriffin:

Lawsons have the sheets on a rack on the back of the unit. It’s Monkhouse at Longtown that have the sheet rack on top of the headboard on the older trailers

the maoster:

biggriffin:

Pity they don’t fit their trailers with indicators so that they can acknowledge you flashing them in as they pass you at 900mph! :imp:

I very much doubt you haven’t been acknowledged by a Lawsons driver, you must not of seen him flashing the indicators

Night-and-day:

biggriffin:

Lawsons have the sheets on a rack on the back of the unit. It’s Monkhouse at Longtown that have the sheet rack on top of the headboard on the older trailers

That’s the one!! Many thanks mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

biggriffin:

Is Steven Little still working there?

I was in there laat week and they had a flat sat in the yard with aforementioned rack. If I’m in there next week I’ll snaffle some covert photos of it for you.

isaac hunt:

biggriffin:

Is Steven Little still working there?

Yep

toonsy:
I was in there laat week and they had a flat sat in the yard with aforementioned rack. If I’m in there next week I’ll snaffle some covert photos of it for you.

Nice one, cheers :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: