long shifts?

Hi everyone i was wondering whats the longest shift you`s have done? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

errr… 15hrs :laughing:

About 36 hours.

shade:
errr… 15hrs :laughing:

lol. :smiley: :smiley:

I regularly do shifts with 15 hours of duty time. Before the rules changed shifts with 16 hours of duty were done.

That’s the legal ones. But longest shift was probably Vienna to Slough via Munich when I wanted to get home to go to football many years ago. With tipping in Vienna, loading groupage in Munich and the Calais - Dover ferry crossing it was around 29 hours. I also went from Calais to Paris to Florence in one shift which was a fair length, I think it was about 24 hours.

Not driving but 4380 hours on one job. Which serves me right for joining Her Majesty’s reserve forces :unamused:

Same here I usually do 3 - 15hr shifts a week plus 10 - 13 hrs on the remaining 2 days

26 hours on a double man thanks to the customer being useless
18 hours solo couldnt / wouldnt do any more too knackered changed over Crick for another crazy driver to carry on to Metz
18 hourish Leamington Kilmarnock back to Leam loading unloading etc all at 90k in Merc 407 noisy old thing

27 hours Portalegre to Calais (1979) :blush:

77 hours.

I am paid from the moment I leave to the moment I am back. I am paid for driving, waiting, tipping, eating my lunch, sleeping etc.

Being paid for sleeping… Job of my dreams :smiley:

I think it’s fair deal :wink:

a nice little run from cherbourg to north of madrid (a case of if you dont get tipped friday you sit till monday) the one and only time i ran bent it was a while ago in my trusty daf 3300 :smiley: :smiley:

44 hours when i was working on ship repairs and we were working in newhaven.

48 hrs on a binge drinking, pot smoking drug abusing prostitute shagging rampage weekend in amsterdam followed by a 2 hour slump on a cigerette covered concert floor listening to hawkwind, :laughing: :laughing: joking i dont condone any of that behaviour… almost …

dustylfc:
48 hrs on a binge drinking, pot smoking drug abusing prostitute shagging rampage weekend in amsterdam followed by a 2 hour slump on a cigerette covered concert floor listening to hawkwind, :laughing: :laughing: joking i dont condone any of that behaviour… almost …

Nothing wrong with listening to Hawkwind. :wink:

Anybody who has done ‘one a week’ to Italy/Spain/Portugal will have done quite a few 24hr days in their time.

Pre Tachograph, most drivers would’ve been doing regular 18hr days.

Drivers running log books for BSE/Foot & Mouth/Water shortages will also have done some big days too.

Coffeeholic:

dustylfc:

Nothing wrong with listening to Hawkwind. :wink:

Well. Nothing that a bullet to the head or a full frontal labotamy wouldn’t solve, anyway. :wink:

42 hours

ahhh the foot n mouth days now they were a good earner with as much hours as you wanted too do :smiley:

Have done some silly in the past not sure what is the longest but there have been a few to many ( al done in a small van so no taco )

I started from Hungary at 0345 yesterday. Bringing a jet engine back to Devon. got off the boat Dover at 0520 this morning. Got back to Exeter at 0930. Washed van, cleaned cab…Home at 1100. All non -stop. Not the record, but Im shagged out! :cry: