Long gone leicestershire companies mainly tippers and brick

Parkin and Jones Coalville grey Leyland AEC and commers…Beeney coalville bricks and tippers Albion leyland Bedford and AEC Tallis and cresswell Donington le heath Fletchers Ibstock (had old sentinels) coal hauler…Blockleys Ibstock…W Boam Whitwich Bedford and commers Bancroft and powers bricks Dodge Bedford Atkinson and later buses.TW GLover superb fleet of mainly Foden blue and Red tippers .Cliff hill quarries Red Foden and Thames trader tippers (markfield) Moores ashbtyflatbed mainly Leyland comets (green)…Bill Isaac coalville bedford and foden tippers.

a few i can remember from the early 80s were glovers who ran fodens,whitmore&hickin who ran aecs,then leylands,bexton & smith who ran sedden atkinsons artics and 8 leggers,these were always very well turned out.these firms ran from the coalville area.moores from ashby sold out to andrews haulage which are still running from a depot at the old measham pit,mainly on the bricks & blocks now.

Most of these were family run businesses which didnt survive the demise of their founders.T.W.Glover started his business with one brand new Leyland comet cab over in 1959 (4 wheeler) and quickly changed to Fodens .Trevor was my fathers friend who passed away recently.I worked for Bancroft and Powers after they got into the bus business back in the early 70 s.Wayne Robinson

robinswh:
Most of these were family run businesses which didnt survive the demise of their founders.T.W.Glover started his business with one brand new Leyland comet cab over in 1959 (4 wheeler) and quickly changed to Fodens .Trevor was my fathers friend who passed away recently.I worked for Bancroft and Powers after they got into the bus business back in the early 70 s.Wayne Robinson

another firm that are still going is wainwrights transport from ashby,always ran tidy green erfs,nowadays i think they only run a few 8 leggers on stone from breedon quarry.bancroft&powers, that brings back memorys i remember them picking kids up from ashby grammer school for the coalville area when i was a inmate at the school. :stuck_out_tongue:

there used to be coles artic tippers used to have a yard on the leicester road going out towards lutterworth one of the oldest tipper firms still going must be selbys still keep a tidy fleet