Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

BWR Transport from Winchester, packed up around 1991

Is this X Parsons (father and Son) they used to pull for Eurohaul when I worked in the workshop it would have started an Orange colour.

Monkeyphil:
Is this X Parsons (father and Son) they used to pull for Eurohaul when I worked in the workshop it would have started an Orange colour.

Looks a bit like Eurohauly colours, Buzzer

Buzzer:

Monkeyphil:

Looks a bit like Eurohauly colours, Buzzer

Volvo EHO 384W ex Parsons.PNG

Volvo EHO 384W Parsons (2).jpg
Though Parsons livery was a somewhat vivid orange,IIRC their 1980 F12 Globetrotter entered service in Eurohaul’s ‘new’ livery. Here seen c/w with EH12/24

Volvo EHO 384W (2).jpg

PG&B Parsons.
Dave was the son, Pete the dad.
Deffo a pale orange colour when new.

Looks like Ian’s sold his trailers just the F12 to go

robthedog:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

BWR Transport from Winchester, packed up around 1991

I’d guess there was more than one BWR, but I’m sure this one is from the BWR fleet from Essex, around Basildon area.

Pitters

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Got to love the elf and safety, imagine that nowadays Bloke on top

robthedog:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Got to love the elf and safety, imagine that nowadays Bloke on top

It looks as if it is about to roll off, and he’s counterbalancing it. :laughing:

So was there a connection between Mammoth and a company called Crook or Brook as I recall some green Mercedes with that name in Mammoths yard when I went on a couple of trips with Gordon Smith in the late seventies

Buzzer

332316016_2934171973382746_3055642661393171226_n.jpg

Robert Armstrong F88 in Dover…over to you Monty…

XCG600R on a subsequent life after Ian (Scattercash) Hellawell’s pilotage at AS Rawlings Ltd.

Not really a haulier but RD Avery have just posted that they’re throwing in the towel on their recovery side :frowning:
Copied from their FB pos
After over 40 years in business within the automotive industry, RD Avery Limited are today announcing their withdrawal from the Recovery side of our business. Known by our customers as ‘AVERY Recovery’ we have for a long time been recognised as a leading provider of breakdown, accident and vehicle recovery services across Hampshire, Wiltshire and beyond.

Our reputation has been built on a personal service, delivered with skill and professionalism at a realistic cost.

Following significant changes in the recovery sector and in particular the difficulties in recruitment and retention of skilled and experienced staff, together with the increasingly tough operating costs and regulation, has now led us to this difficult decision.

Our intention is that this change will be effective from Friday 17th March 2023.

RD Avery will continue to operate the garage services business from our head office site in Landford. This side of our operation that includes car and commercial servicing, maintenance, repair and MOT will be unchanged and will be led, as now by Andy Sims (Head of Workshops) and his team.

We will continue developing these services, adding new technologies and capability as we move into the EV/alternative fuels era. We look forward to supporting our long-standing customers along with the new business that we continue to secure.

The Directors and staff wish to thank all our amazing team for their hard work, loyalty and commitment. In addition, we would also place on record our gratitude to our customers for the business, support and encouragement given over many years.

RD Avery Leadership Team & Directors