Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Hill's LTR.PNG

Probably Hill’s Scammell LTR 689Y

Hill's LTR 689Y.PNG

definatly LTR as A390 OPX did not have an aircon on the roof

The Heanor Haulage cab seems to be VOLVO F88 type but what is the SCAMMELL cab shell from?

gazzer:
The Heanor Haulage cab seems to be VOLVO F88 type but what is the SCAMMELL cab shell from?

I reckon Leyland G cab

robthedog:
“gazzer” The Heanor Haulage cab seems to be VOLVO F88 type but what is the SCAMMELL cab shell from?

I reckon Leyland G cab

F88 cab on a Scammell Contractor. Heanor converted them in there own workshop and i think they did four in total from memory.

roolechat:

gazzer:
Hiding in the back of the photo…

is Martin Wright’s DRY 629T.Originally with a 6m tilt body. It was later stripped to a flat &, IIRC, twistlocks were fitted.

Martin Wright aka 'The Bald Eagle" I think the Renault was known as “Piglet”

What happened to Sally who drove the LTS Volvo rigid ?

Regards
Richard

robthedog:

gazzer:

I reckon Leyland G cab

Is that the Redline cab? When I had my new Daf at Econofreight it had to go for its first service to the dealers it came from in Thornaby and I was allowed to sleep in a Redline sleeper cab tacked onto a bonneted Scammell. I think it was a Contractor but not sure now. All I know is it was very cramped and I was glad it was only the once.

Square grip Eastleigh

MaggieD:

roolechat:

gazzer:
Hiding in the back of the photo…

is Martin Wright’s DRY 629T.Originally with a 6m tilt body. It was later stripped to a flat &, IIRC, twistlocks were fitted.

Martin Wright aka 'The Bald Eagle" I think the Renault was known as “Piglet”

What happened to Sally who drove the LTS Volvo rigid ?

Regards
Richard

I beleive she managed a half way house assisting offenders in making the transition back into society but that is not definite Richard.

The name of Barfoot is synonymous with road transport in the Southampton area.

Barfoot L405GOH 03 (2).jpg

This 1993 FH carries the name of Dave Barfoot International

Buzzer

319124933_5732830013460464_2820169365097134784_n.jpg

319013378_5732831253460340_8664156629147463974_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 35&t=85258

Try putting it there

robthedog:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Try putting it there

Job for you matey, you seem to be the lead poster there, Buzzer

robthedog:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Try putting it there

I have just clicked on to your www.thingamy, and it brought back memories from long ago.
I worked for Robert Baillie & Co Ltd, based at their Wigan depot for 3 years from early 1970,
so I got to know Mick Ansell quite well, he had recently become part of the management at
Robert Baillie at Horndean, who had just acquired the Percy Powell depot and lorries which
was Mick Ansells company. The other name that I recall was John Heather, he drove one of
the older Atkinson artics, either LNJ 14E, or, LPM 25E. Seems like yesterday.

Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Memory for Richard & the lovely Angie who I first saw on top of a load sheeting it in Fawley refinery, seems like yesterday but it is not, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Memory for Richard & the lovely Angie who I first saw on top of a load sheeting it in Fawley refinery, seems like yesterday but it is not, Buzzer

Is that not the yard that Elliotts took over ?

robthedog:

Buzzer:

Is that not the yard that Elliotts took over ?

Thought when they went there it was Elliot Sargeant, did they get renamed, Buzzer

Buzzer

319508002_10230525929111028_6439167364178656104_n.jpg

Buzzer

roolechat:

Buzzer:

gazzer:
I never knew Prince’s were a Dodge Distributor…prior to shifting to Tilbury’s I 'spose.

That Mandator of R A Lane I always assumed was summat to do with Ken Lane…but then maybe not!

LTS Voss A737 RBK.PNG
A737RBK was one of 5 F10’s which LTS Freight placed on Wim Voss contract in 1983 (interestingly it’s carrying a Voss sheeted flat.not a tank).
In 1985,the F10’s were replaced on the Voss contract by FL10s & the F10s were repainted in LTS Freight livery & joined the general fleet.

roolechat:

roolechat:

Buzzer:

gazzer:
I never knew Prince’s were a Dodge Distributor…prior to shifting to Tilbury’s I 'spose.

That Mandator of R A Lane I always assumed was summat to do with Ken Lane…but then maybe not!

A737RBK was one of 5 F10’s which LTS Freight placed on Wim Voss contract in 1983 (interestingly it’s carrying a Voss sheeted flat.not a tank).
In 1985,the F10’s were replaced on the Voss contract by FL10s & the F10s were repainted in LTS Freight livery & joined the general fleet.