Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Buzzer:

blue estate:

robthedog:
Today

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
On the backs of good workers and Firms they brought out

Thats a bit cynical perhaps it’s because they are good at what they do and getting the best from there staff at all levels, employment management is key in a well-run company which brings success in the long run and prosperity, you cannot criticise a company for being good at what they do, Buzzer

So where they hidden the losses from 1 bridge strike , 1 roll over , 3 total write off trailers , 2 write off units
1 new unit damaged by a miss the pin within the 1st few weeks
16 reels of new cooper wire damaged / scrapped
So much for well managed staff , their in cab driver facing cameras didn’t stop that did it

blue estate:

Buzzer:

blue estate:

robthedog:
Today

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
On the backs of good workers and Firms they brought out

Thats a bit cynical perhaps it’s because they are good at what they do and getting the best from there staff at all levels, employment management is key in a well-run company which brings success in the long run and prosperity, you cannot criticise a company for being good at what they do, Buzzer

So where they hidden the losses from 1 bridge strike , 1 roll over , 3 total write off trailers , 2 write off units
1 new unit damaged by a miss the pin within the 1st few weeks
16 reels of new cooper wire damaged / scrapped
So much for well managed staff , their in cab driver facing cameras didn’t stop that did it

Thats where good insurance comes in, you sound like you got some sour grapes as far as that company is concerned so maybe you can tell us all that side of things from your prospective to throw some light on the subject, it is very easy to criticise from a distance, Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Hi, this was my dads from new, loads of trips in the Seddon Atkinson when a kid with brother in tow, great lorry and great memories.

DEANB:
Bob Edwards F12 Globetrotter.

From EAA 770W F12 globetrotter to:-

EAA 771W Bryant’s F 6 tanker

Volvo EAA 771W 3 (3).jpg

EAA 770W.jpg

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Buzzer, I am sure John Heaver worked the large gravel pits beside the Chichester bypass, certainly in the 50s & 60s. Also had a large precast concrete department.

Regards, stroker 156 Dot.

Stroker 156 DOT:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Buzzer, I am sure John Heaver worked the large gravel pits beside the Chichester bypass, certainly in the 50s & 60s. Also had a large precast concrete department.

Regards, stroker 156 Dot.

Buzzer:
Buzzer

John
As it was back in the day.

regards
Colin

Thanks to Chris & Colin for your input, Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

E.J.Sibleys from Rownhams.

A04926p.JPG

A04922p.JPG

CSG Looks like Botley

Buzzer

LB

Franglais one for you to give the info on, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Franglais one for you to give the info on, Buzzer

Ah!
I do know that one. CTR 680K. I had that un for a while. 180 Gardner, 6-speed DB box, and power steering. When I had it, Zanneti mirrors were fitted with the flatter ones, so it cant be my handsome face hidden behind the windscreen. :unamused:

I`m not sure but that Trl 5, (33ft ?) may have had 4 container pins that were kept in a tool box, mounted on the chassis when not carrying a box.
Lamberts did a few NYK boxes, but not many in my time there.
You could squeeze 20ton of bitumen in that trl, and easily get 20t of kerbs too.

Go then Buzzer: my next truck was SCG…586(?)M… Atki, 220 ■■■■■■■■ 10spd Fuller Road-Ranger and no power steering.
Any of that `un?

I would like an hour`s play in an old Atki, but go back to working in one? No thank-you.