Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

cfat

Looks like a couple of Pats tucked away in the corner

MayFREIGHT%202_.jpg

IMG_0025.JPG

Yesterday as I was driving along the A31 I noticed this stunning motor parked

Outside the Hen and Chickeh pub. I investigated further and found the Legendry Mont Theobold

drinking a small lemonade. We had a bit of lunch and only then did he reveal that he was like me.

Down on his luck. Not wishing to see an old pensioner suffer, I got his lunch and also gave him the loan of

My DKV card. Many thanks to a Mr R Evans of Wellow.We spent a lovely couple of hours gassing

and putting the world to rights. Many thanks Mont for showing me your beautiful lorry.

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: Ps. Will someone please turn the photo the right way up.

:smiley:

neversweat1:
:smiley:

Corrective photography by Buzzer.

Many thanks Buzzer. I really must learn how to use the computer Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Jameson 1972.

soton jameson 1972.PNG

Couple of better photos John…

Whoops, double posted

Tidy old Beast Monty and I’m not taking about you
Jeremy

Fergie47:

I don’t think your sorry looking photos are a patch on my artistic offering.

I’m really upset about it all. No Christmas card for you my boy! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:

Fergie47:

I’m really upset about it all. No Christmas card for you my boy! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Artistic Charles ? or Autistic ?..it was a splendid pic of a…errrrrrr…a red tarpaulin and a window, very Dahl in its subject some might say, others, you were pi $$ed…never mind, two out of ten for effort mate.

My old mum use to take photos of us as kids, always chopped are heads off, she probably was trying to tell us something…so, maybe it was your feminine side coming out… :unamused:

Hope all’s well up in sunny Alton, and you’re not having too much to do with that Q.C MaggieD bloke, he’s eyeing up an early inheritance, he needs to buy more classics lorries…

Dave

Fergie47:

charlie one:

Fergie47:

Artistic Charles ? or Autistic ?..it was a splendid pic of a…errrrrrr…a red tarpaulin and a window, very Dahl in its subject some might say, others, you were pi $$ed…never mind, two out of ten for effort mate.

My old mum use to take photos of us as kids, always chopped are heads off, she probably was trying to tell us something…so, maybe it was your feminine side coming out… :unamused:

Hope all’s well up in sunny Alton, and you’re not having too much to do with that Q.C MaggieD bloke, he’s eyeing up an early inheritance, he needs to buy more classics lorries…

Dave

Thank you Dave, I resemble that remark, hope you and Liz are ok, Charlie I’ve just got the bill for Monty’s and your lunch, next time could you have the Red Sea Caviar instead of the Black Sea one as it is cheaper. Monty that is a lovely motor I look forward to seeing it in the flesh, I did have AT 13 ready for you to load in Perpignan but couldn’t see the 5th wheel on the Foden !!

Here’s another one Monty that’s in need of restoration.

Regards
Richard

ainacs:
Been away for a few days to a small rally at Hertford

Another of Monty’s pics

Regards Pat

I have just heard that Les Fuge who worked for Lamberts at Southampton sadly passed away at Christmas time.
Les…Rest in peace. Ray Smyth.

Denis
A bid CB aerial you have there?
Just saying!!!
all the best
Jeremy

Stole from Facebook
Sun Arch, Romsey
Also note the Bridge Height 13’ 6", its shrunk by 3 ft so all good for the 4m high Jolly Foreigners I’ve directed thru many time
when everyone else just try to get by blowing their horns as them bloody lorries are holding them up

When I lived behind The Sun pub and I couldn’t be ar$ed to go the long way round, if I went past the height sensors at above 30mph it didn’t set off the lights!

gazzer:
When I lived behind The Sun pub and I couldn’t be ar$ed to go the long way round, if I went past the height sensors at above 30mph it didn’t set off the lights!

Not only breaking the low bridge height sensor law you were speeding as well tut tut senor gary

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk