Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Jimski:
Hi all Hi Gerbil I hope Kev when I’m 64 I could say that !! :laughing: :smiley: Hope your well Kev did you see my post other night had good chin wag with Winky , thanks for that Kev !!

Regards Jimski

Spoke to Winky last week jimski, he said he’d spoke to ya

gunnerheskey:

Jimski:
Hi all Hi Gerbil I hope Kev when I’m 64 I could say that !! :laughing: :smiley: Hope your well Kev did you see my post other night had good chin wag with Winky , thanks for that Kev !!

Regards Jimski

Hi Gunnerhesky sent you PM.

R Jimski

gunnerheskey:

Jimski:

Regards Jimski

Hi gunnerheskey,
Here’s a pic of “Winky” I used to have to send another truck out with him to carry his golf clubs :unamused: :unamused:

Regards Richard

this one is on the truck shows now , is it ex r & a ? ,i think it was working out of hurn airport a good while back ,company called dolphin ? .

pdw:
this one is on the truck shows now , is it ex r & a ? ,i think it was working out of hurn airport a good while back ,company called dolphin ? .

Not sure about the one on the left but I’d guess the one on the right is an ex Durex wagon looking at the LRC plate?

pdw:

Pdw, thanks for charing these photos. Great locking Volvos. Do you know if both trucks is alive or crapped? What year was this show?

Thanks
Lars-Gunnar :slight_smile:

hi mikey1964 and fh13 , dont know that much about these 2 , i took the photo at truckfest peterborough or southwest shepton mallet in the last 2 years :slight_smile:

fh13, re the volvo f/g 88/89 instruction manual ,yes it is complete 90 odd pages with pull open wiring diagram , fuse ratings ,fuse box postions and so on , even says has a switch for a robson drive and bogie lift ( 6x2) , pressure drop indicator on some models , strangely its in english but no specs for the td 100 b engine ! . :slight_smile:

Hi it was probably new to Dolphin packaging as it has a Dorset reg best to on the Poole site

ainacs:
Another pic from the late Alan Williamson’s collection

This time outside of Sea Route Ferry’s workshop in Empress Road Southampton

Alan is the driver on the right to the left of him is Dean Fox I can’t remember either of the other two, all in front of DMW 488L which had been recabbed with the later headlights in the cab not in the bumper cab following it’s roll over at Chilworth Roundabout!

Hi Pat, the guy 2nd from the left is Bob English…during his time at Sea Route he was a driver then trailer fitter.
If i remember rightly Bob left SRF under a cloud and went on to BKG where he did several years on Euro work.
I hav,nt seen Bob for some years now. Hope he,s ok, he was a decent fella.

Jimski:
Hi all still working on Tonys F12 he had on Buzzers stack, mirrors, spot lights, and some bits and pieces to do
And of course the trailer.

Regards Jimski

Hi Jim, looking good mate

Me at the mo…

mappo:

ainacs:
Another pic from the late Alan Williamson’s collection

This time outside of Sea Route Ferry’s workshop in Empress Road Southampton

Alan is the driver on the right to the left of him is Dean Fox I can’t remember either of the other two, all in front of DMW 488L which had been recabbed with the later headlights in the cab not in the bumper cab following it’s roll over at Chilworth Roundabout!

Hi Pat, the guy 2nd from the left is Bob English…during his time at Sea Route he was a driver then trailer fitter.
If i remember rightly Bob left SRF under a cloud and went on to BKG where he did several years on Euro work.
I hav,nt seen Bob for some years now. Hope he,s ok, he was a decent fella.

Hi Tony

Sorry but that is not Bob English I know Bob quite well infact last time I was in hospital he was in the same ward having suffered a heart attack! That was about 5 years ago.

Anyway that guy would have been too young to have been Bob, I think his name was Peter■■?

Regards Pat

Jimski:
Hi all still working on Tonys F12 he had on Buzzers stack, mirrors, spot lights, and some bits and pieces to do
And of course the trailer.

Regards Jimski

Hi Jim, looking good mate

Me at the mo…

Well i would have put money on that being Bob…We are talking the 2nd from left Pat are,nt we ■■?

Oh well, i,m sure you,re brain works better than mine mate…I,ll just remain confused then. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pdw:

Hi pdw,
Good pic mine was F 147 YFX, that one and F 911 WJT the burgundy one came from a small company in Poole that packed up, tribsa is right F149 YFX was Dolphin packaging Poole,(tribsa sorry to hear about your diesel being nicked :imp: )
Here’s a shot of Ken (El Longo) on his way to ship out to Swiss.

mappo,
Tony hope you are feeling better Angie says she will come round and rub your chest with Vick, I don’t know who Vick is !!
Regards to all
Richard

mappo:
Well i would have put money on that being Bob…We are talking the 2nd from left Pat are,nt we ■■?

Oh well, i,m sure you,re brain works better than mine mate…I,ll just remain confused then. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Tony

Yes I am quite sure it is not Bob but a lad a lot younger than him!!!
]

MaggieD:
mappo,
Tony hope you are feeling better Angie says she will come round and rub your chest with Vick, I don’t know who Vick is !!
Regards to all
Richard

Thanks for your concern Richard, Angie would be most welcome to rub my chest but could she come alone without Vic. :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: I remember that Volvo Richard but always associated that one with Winky driving it and not El Longo.

Hi Pat, i was feeling a bit better today til i saw this. Almost brought my porridge up. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
]

Hi Tony,
I think Roy was on holiday or resting his body after appearing in one of the Spanish shows :blush: :unamused: :blush:

This is the motor El Logo usually drove, he kept asking me to get him one so I did ! brilliant drivers Ken & Winky, like all my lads :wink:

Gerbil’s BMW 2002 can just be seen next to one of the dreaded FL7’s I acquired when we took over Robert Armstrong /P&O Tankmasters.I think Kev’s BMW had more power than the Volvo :blush:

Regards
Richard

Here you are Tony!!!

Richard…I would have thought that even the Mini in the photo had more pulling power than the FL7. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pat…thanks for that mate, are you gonna be in on Thursday, i might surprise ya with a visit.

Jimski…Where are you■■?..Good job you aint on a tacho in that Merc. i reckon. :unamused: :unamused:

mappo:
Richard…I would have thought that even the Mini in the photo had more pulling power than the FL7. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pat…thanks for that mate, are you gonna be in on Thursday, i might surprise ya with a visit.

Jimski…Where are you■■?..Good job you aint on a tacho in that Merc. i reckon. :unamused: :unamused:

Hi Tony yes will be in the yard Thursday would be good to see you again mate

Chris Hill popped in today with a couple more ‘where is this’ pics

Brilliant photos Pat,not a hard hat or high viz in sight.
Was thinking that might be part of the M27 construction…Nr Fareham maybe, but then
thought the road,s not wide enough. It,s not the A32 Wickham road is it ■■?

mappo:
Brilliant photos Pat,not a hard hat or high viz in sight.
Was thinking that might be part of the M27 construction…Nr Fareham maybe, but then
thought the road,s not wide enough. It,s not the A32 Wickham road is it ■■?

No Tony it’s not there!!!