Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Mike-C:

240 Gardner:

Mike-C:

Rob K:
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:25 pm
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:21 am

:open_mouth:

There’s been a few like that lately, i’m suprised no one else noticed, they all carry on like it was yesterday!!!

Well, it would have to be Tykes and Scousers complaining :wink:

Sorry mate, i wasn’ complaining, i just found it funny that it was just picked back up on and not mentioned. The reference to yesterday, i meant like the thread was started yesterday and not a reference to days gone by.

Please don’t apologise - I was only jesting! I just saw the reference to Bowden and jumped in with both feet! Still, seems to have woken it up, doesn’t it?

Buzzer:
Richard I am pretty sure EAA458S was new to Dean’s of Salisbury as I recognise the colour scheme and it is hooked to a bulk trailer, he was out West Dean I believe and then moved on to the industrial estate near the MOT test centre in Salisbury, then sold that and bought a big bit of land near Peters Finger where they are today half of which I think he sold for development to what it is today, of course I may be wrong but Gazzer will know, cheers Buzzer.

Good evening all.
JC Dean was at Durrington before Churchfields Inds estate Buzzer

He was also connected with J&J Transport (the other J being john Eustace) out at South Cerney nr Cirencester who ran similar green/yellow livery

gazzer:

Deans in green? I don’t remember that, beige yes, green, no!

Your memory is playing up Gazzer, JC Dean started as Gold then went Green/yellow then back to gold before the current white.

jcd3.jpg

photos courtesy of Jason Dean who, if he comes on, will put us right.

gazzer:
Griggs definitely didn’t have that F86 from new…I wanna say Freighliner or even Square Grip but then again…

I worked for Square grip and do remember the F86 but unfortunately not the reg. You may have redeemed yourself and be totally correct.

regards

Colin.

Thank gawd for that info Colin, old Gazzer had me beleevin my mind was going, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Thank gawd for that info Colin, old Gazzer had me beleevin my mind was going, cheers Buzzer.

You’re welcome Buzzer

spotted on Facebook

The Highways Agency found over 200 dead crows on the A34 in Oxfordshire recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone’s relief, confirmed the problem was NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be from vehicular impacts. However, during analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the …bird’s beaks and claws. By analysing these paint residues it was found that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by cars.
The Agency then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills. The Ornithological Behaviourist quickly concluded that when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow to warn of danger. They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout “Cah”, not a single one could shout “Truck”

regards

Colin

Nice one Colin…love it.

ukdata.com/creditreports/vie … 676&full=1

I can’t help it. Here goes. Je suis Charlie. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Je Suis Charlie there are two men on camels just turned off the Winchester bypass heading towards Alton. I would not normally alert you but they are wearing sandles and I don’t think its Mappo cos he deffo aint in to riding, well not that type of riding anyway. They have kalachinov rifles over there backs so if I were you i’de get in your house while you still can as you wont be able to out run them on your scooter as camels are bloody quick once they get going, hope this ends well as you started it and there have been warnings of an attack, cheers Buzzer.

Many thanks Buzzer for the warning. I now have second thoughts on my rash statement.However I do have a backup plan. Firstly I have a granddaughter who is married to a Para. And I can call on Terry Sparrow. who is an ex para. He might be able to hit them with his Zimmer frame I may have to head for the hills. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:
Many thanks Buzzer for the warning. I now have second thoughts on my rash statement.However I do have a backup plan. Firstly I have a granddaughter who is married to a Para. And I can call on Terry Sparrow. who is an ex para. He might be able to hit them with his Zimmer frame I may have to head for the hills. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Charlie,

I hope you are ok and the good lady is making progress.

Tell Terry Sparrow to keep away from the A 34 having read what Colin said about birds being killed, and you, with all the ill eagle things you get up to :unamused: A local recovery firm Ravens croft has been given the contract to clear up the mess.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard. Yes I’m fine thank you. Rose is on a six week break at the moment. We go back to the oncologist on the fourth of Feb. Fingers crossed. I hope that both you and your beautiful wife are fit and well.Don’t forget that it you are ever short of a couple of geriatric drivers who are past their sell by date then Mappo and myself will do nicely.Yours in hopeful anticipation. PS. When you are considering our application just take into account that I have always held you in the highest regard ant that you were the best nicest man I ever worked for. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:
Hi Richard. Yes I’m fine thank you. Rose is on a six week break at the moment. We go back to the oncologist on the fourth of Feb. Fingers crossed. I hope that both you and your beautiful wife are fit and well.Don’t forget that it you are ever short of a couple of geriatric drivers who are past their sell by date then Mappo and myself will do nicely.Yours in hopeful anticipation. PS. When you are considering our application just take into account that I have always held you in the highest regard ant that you were the best nicest man I ever worked for. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Charlie I bet you still got that taste on your tongue, bet you were scribbing when you wrote that Buzzer.

This was posted on FB. Not sure if it has been on here.
Cant make out all the YAA reg.

HI nilocekyd the crow post was first class…as a outsider to your posts it reads as a family affair entertaining…

gazzer:
This was posted on FB. Not sure if it has been on here.
Cant make out all the YAA reg.

Nicolas Paris many a happy hour spent there on top of the tank with a mug of vin rouge,Happy Days !

charlie one:
I can’t help it. Here goes. Je suis Charlie. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Charlie ! How could you ! Tout Est Pardonne’ :unamused: hope your all ok up in the Alton hills !
R Jimmer

nilocekyd:

Buzzer:
Richard I am pretty sure EAA458S was new to Dean’s of Salisbury as I recognise the colour scheme and it is hooked to a bulk trailer, he was out West Dean I believe and then moved on to the industrial estate near the MOT test centre in Salisbury, then sold that and bought a big bit of land near Peters Finger where they are today half of which I think he sold for development to what it is today, of course I may be wrong but Gazzer will know, cheers Buzzer.

Good evening all.
JC Dean was at Durrington before Churchfields Inds estate Buzzer

He was also connected with J&J Transport (the other J being john Eustace) out at South Cerney nr Cirencester who ran similar green/yellow livery

gazzer:

Deans in green? I don’t remember that, beige yes, green, no!

Your memory is playing up Gazzer, JC Dean started as Gold then went Green/yellow then back to gold before the current white.

photos courtesy of Jason Dean who, if he comes on, will put us right.

gazzer:
Griggs definitely didn’t have that F86 from new…I wanna say Freighliner or even Square Grip but then again…

I worked for Square grip and do remember the F86 but unfortunately not the reg. You may have redeemed yourself and be totally correct.

regards

Colin.

Various other incarnations

Jimski:

charlie one:

Hi Charlie ! How could you ! Tout Est Pardonne’ :unamused: hope your all ok up in the Alton hills !
R Jimmer

Hi Jim. I could not resist it.Yes all is well here in the outback. Still fighting off the Indians.Mind you I do like their curries!! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: PS Is it Curry’s or curries?

Jimski:

charlie one:

R Jimmer

Hi Jim. I could not resist it.Yes all is well here in the outback. Still fighting off the Indians.Mind you I do like their curries!! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: PS Is it Curry’s or curries?

charlie one:

Jimski:

charlie one:

R Jimmer

If it’s from Dumfries,then it’s most certainly Curries !