Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Jimski
is that Harry Phillips :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tribsa:
Jimski
is that Harry Phillips :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Tribsa no course not its Meachers Transport :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Regards Jimski

Another of Bubbleman’s pics from his Scrapbook thread

Staying with Scanias,This one of Alfords is seen northbound on the M4.

Hey Pat,did you spot my balls up…Northbound on the M4 :unamused: :unamused:

Cheers Marc :laughing:

bubbleman:
Hey Pat,did you spot my balls up…Northbound on the M4 :unamused: :unamused:

I did wonder Marc!!!

Regards Pat

Yes TIR TONE, I remember Bill Robinson, lots of blonde hair didnt he? Im sure he had a red F88 290 when they were new and did containers but cant remember for whom.

bubbleman:
Hey Pat,did you spot my deliberate mistake …Northbound on the M4 :unamused: :unamused:

Hi Marc I have just corrected your post :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
cheers Johnnie

sammyopisite:

bubbleman:
Hey Pat,did you spot my deliberate mistake …Northbound on the M4 :unamused: :unamused:

cheers Johnnie

Hiya J T,I always thought you could go North on the M4 ? :unamused: :laughing: :blush:

Bewick:

sammyopisite:

bubbleman:

cheers Johnnie

Hiya J T,I always thought you could go North on the M4 ? :unamused: :laughing: :blush:

Hi Dennis you know what thought did :exclamation: :stuck_out_tongue: and can be painful or dangerous :blush: :unamused:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

sammyopisite:

Bewick:

sammyopisite:

bubbleman:

cheers Johnnie

Hi Dennis you know what thought did :exclamation: :stuck_out_tongue: and can be painful or dangerous :blush: :unamused:

Now look here lads.You can go east on the M4 or you can go west on the M4.
There was also the story of the ■■■■■■■■■■ haulier who was told to go up the M8.
He was unable to find it so he went up the M4 twice! Only hearsay you understand.
Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Charlie it could be the truth as they do run parallel its only a bit on the map between them :laughing:
P S please excuse us "Foreigners " for invading your thread :blush:

sammyopisite:
Hi Charlie it could be the truth as they do run parallel its only a bit on the map between them :laughing:
P S please excuse us "Foreigners " for invading your thread :blush:

Eyup Johnnie,don’t upset Charlie,he was an AEC MK5 driver and MAY have some kegs of Harp Lager for nowt in his cellar in Alton… :laughing:

In fact,he might have some South African wine left after loading this Mandator artic out of “Southampton Castle” funnily enough docked in Southampton some years back. :laughing:

Hi Chris,
Hope you are well on the I.O.M. great pics of the MK5’s I can remember that light blue Harp tanker with a young Charlie at the wheel, My MK5 tractor unit was a G reg. and had suicide cab doors,it came from Prince’s the Southampton AEC dealer at the time,they built it as it came in kit form as part of a cancelled order for South Africa if I remember right !
Here’s a pic I think you’ve seen of one of mine in LTS colours on the Isle of Man at Jurby airfield on it’s 1st trip.
Regards
Richard
PS I took the ropes and sheets off in case Harry & Dennis had a go at me :blush:

MaggieD:
Hi Chris,
Hope you are well on the I.O.M. great pics of the MK5’s I can remember that light blue Harp tanker with a young Charlie at the wheel, My MK5 tractor unit was a G reg. and had suicide cab doors,it came from Prince’s the Southampton AEC dealer at the time,they built it as it came in kit form as part of a cancelled order for South Africa if I remember right !
Here’s a pic I think you’ve seen of one of mine in LTS colours on the Isle of Man at Jurby airfield on it’s 1st trip.
Regards
Richard
PS I took the ropes and sheets off in case Harry & Dennis had a go at me :blush:

Hi Richard,aye still alive and well over here,not been blown off the island yet,although our lass had to go to Carlisle last week to fetch some washing back,I told her not to hang it out in a S/W gale that was blowing. :smiley: You did send me that photo of your Berliet at Jurby a few months ago,have you any more taken on the IOM? Is that motor on a “B” plate,if so it was 1984 when you were here with it.
A E Evans had one MK5 Mammoth Major with suicide doors,I can’t remember who the original owner was.It ended up at our Sheffield depot then went back to Barking,not a popular motor with the doors arse about face.Do you have a photo of your MK5 Mandator?
I would have done exactly the same as you,taking the ropes and sheets off before the photo was taken,those two would have had a go at you if it wasn’t right. :laughing:

Maggie D
D592 is under ex Centrale Routiere trlr 1977 HP 76, hence the lack of sideguards. Central Routiere flats were generally rebuilt by Tiltech into 12.5 m tilts with either LTS UK fleet numbers or French Reg numbers

Very unusual to have a G reg mk 5 Mandator as Ergo’s were intoduced in 1965 on D plates most suicide door cabs on mark 5’s were built by RTS (Hackney)

roolechat:
Maggie D
D592 is under ex Centrale Routiere trlr 1977 HP 76, hence the lack of sideguards. Central Routiere flats were generally rebuilt by Tiltech into 12.5 m tilts with either LTS UK fleet numbers or French Reg numbers

Very unusual to have a G reg mk 5 Mandator as Ergo’s were intoduced in 1965 on D plates most suicide door cabs on mark 5’s were built by RTS (Hackney)

The one that A E Evans had would more than likely have been fitted with petroleum regs - firescreen etc.,so would have been an ex petrol/fueI company.I have asked about but can’t get any info on the original owner.I can’t remember the reg number,and I’m usually pretty good at remembering things like that.I think Tunnel Cement ran one or two RTS cabbed AECs.
There is a photo on here somewhere of a “G” reg MK5 Mammoth Major belonging to Murphy Brothers of Thurmaston, Leicester.

Another of Maurice Moody’s pics taken at Reema’s old yard North Baddesley near Southampton

The full fleet. The red 111 was driven by Maurice, the green 112 was driven by Steve Redman (RIP) the green merc driven by Steve Moody. IIRC the Merc was stolen from Abbey Park Ind Est complete with trailer and container, never to be seen again

ainacs:
Another of Maurice Moody’s pics taken at Reema’s old yard North Baddesley near Southampton

ainacs:
Another of Marc Bubbleman’s pics this time Greenwoods who had a yard at Rownhams all houses there now they were Victory Transport before this, I seem to rmember Ron Hatch was the transport manager.

bump