lone working

hi guys and gals…

it’s been a while since i posted but i’ve been lurking. hope you’re all doing ok.

i’ve a question regarding the legalities of lone working at a site, are any of you genned up on this please?

i self tip at a customers site after midnight. the place is locked down. i have to ring the cctv firm, knock off the intruder system, unlock the gates, park up, open the loading bay and then tip into their warehouse (pallets&pumptruck). then reverse all of that before i leave.

i wonder how long it would take someone to find me if i a, slipped off the tail lift b, had a pallet go over on me c, had some other drama?

don’t get me wrong, i’m not moaning, i’m working but where do i stand on the HSE front please? or is this just standard procedure for any of you?

cheers

Check this out, it’s not illegal but i don’t think i would be comfterble with it, like you said what if■■?

hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/workalone.htm

Madguy :smiling_imp:

cheers madguy

I load myself with a forklift at one place and being by myself carry my phone with me but I don’t worry too much about it to be honest.
Maybe when you call the CCTV lot ask them to keep an eye open instead of kipping…at least til you’ve finished :laughing:

ShropsBri:
I load myself with a forklift at one place and being by myself carry my phone with me but I don’t worry too much about it to be honest.
Maybe when you call the CCTV lot ask them to keep an eye open instead of kipping…at least til you’ve finished :laughing:

Ha yeah… i’m gonna ask for to see the risk assessment… that should put me well up there in the employee of the month competition…

wdf76:

ShropsBri:

Ha yeah… i’m gonna ask for to see the risk assessment… that should put me well up there in the employee of the month competition…

Just like mc burgers…can see your mugshot up on the wall now :laughing: