Londoners and use of horn

Do they really think hitting the horn every 2 mins is going to make the que disappear, they do my bloody head in ,I had some bloody idiot hitting the horn when the light changed to green and I couldn’t move forward due to the zig - zag thing on the road :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: and que ahead ,then there’s the Range Rover hitting the horn as I split the lanes to turn left ,zb idiot got a ear full at next set of traffic lights .
You can go all over the country and not get it , do my bloody head in , and the majority are like the Range Rover driver ,office suit type ,there meant to have brains :unamused: :exclamation:

There are 8,5 Mil People in London at Home. And just a few of them English.
Wot u expect?

Cram millions of people into a tiny area and you get the stress of that volatile mixture, its that there lundun and other inner city crap holes now, rest of the country will follow suit when the population edges towards 100million which is what most of you must want seeing as you keep voting for those who’s aim is this.

Juddian:
Cram millions of people into a tiny area and you get the stress of that volatile mixture, its that there lundun and other inner city crap holes now, rest of the country will follow suit when the population edges towards 100million which is what most of you must want seeing as you keep voting for those who’s aim is this.

+1

… and don’t forget the immigrant :smiley:

Why Londoners ? i think drivers from all over the country have and use their horns…or am i mistaken.

Just ignore them Dozy, unless that ■■■ clown gets out and starts giving it them big’um.

The only time that I use the horn is to frighten ducks and pheasants off of the road.I dont think that I would like London somehow.

It really ■■■■■■ me off when you have done nothing wrong and some arse hole in a car keeps his finger on the horn.
A good example if nothing is coming, you pull on to a roundabout and some ■■■■■■ ends up right on top of you for one reason only, beause he is going too bloody fast and was not even on the roundabout when you came on.

Or if you are signalling to move from lane 1 to 2, but they think it is a better idea to keep you in, when it is just as easy and safer to move over for you, and then they blast the horn if you then pretend you are going to pull out when signalling, in a vain attempt to show your intention.

So yeh it is quite annoying, however if I have done something wrong, I just wave as an apology.

Ah the horn of plenty on a roundabout when you’re trying to get the thing moving, saddled as it is with about 2/3rds the swept volume the lump should have.

One might deal with such an event thus, when the horn of anger and retribution sounds stop immediately, preferably at a suitable point :bulb: :wink: , look all around you in exaggerated movements (never acknowledge or notice the driver with the horn) for the vehicle sounding the warning, after several seconds to suit the horn will stop, if it doesn’t continue to look for the source of danger, when the sound stops pull away normally and resume progress, as always the lorry driver is aware of whose around and where they are so when ■■■■■ comes past giving the death stare and itching to give the coffee signal, the lorry driver concerned will be checking the nearside mirrors carefully.

You should live/drive here in Spain! As soon as the traffic lights change, at least three behind are on the button, even before you can let the clutch out!

Steve

Juddian:
Ah the horn of plenty on a roundabout when you’re trying to get the thing moving, saddled as it is with about 2/3rds the swept volume the lump should have.

One might deal with such an event thus, when the horn of anger and retribution sounds stop immediately, preferably at a suitable point :bulb: :wink: , look all around you in exaggerated movements (never acknowledge or notice the driver with the horn) for the vehicle sounding the warning, after several seconds to suit the horn will stop, if it doesn’t continue to look for the source of danger, when the sound stops pull away normally and resume progress, as always the lorry driver is aware of whose around and where they are so when ■■■■■ comes past giving the death stare and itching to give the coffee signal, the lorry driver concerned will be checking the nearside mirrors carefully.

Lol, I do that-
Stop Dead & use the World Wide Gesture of Arms up in ‘Wonderment’ (is that a word ?) holding up Mr Big Horn, Peeing him off Big Time, all the time you appear to be confused about the Warning Horn he has sounded & check both mirrors for any human body parts that might be hanging off the trailer.

I got pulled in the office once a few years ago for stopping on a roundabout after someone ‘Horned’ me, I just explained that I was concerned & was just checking that I hadn’t got anybody stuck underneath me & thanked Mr ■■■■■ for his very kind warning. [emoji48]

Immigrant:
There are 8,5 Mil People in London at Home. And just a few of them English.
Wot u expect?

100% true. Multiculturalism, don’t make me laugh. :unamused:

London is a bin. Did 3 years of it on multidrop. Bikes and taxis cause way more aggro than us.

robroy:
It really ■■■■■■ me off when you have done nothing wrong and some arse hole in a car keeps his finger on the horn.
A good example if nothing is coming, you pull on to a roundabout and some ■■■■■■ ends up right on top of you for one reason only, beause he is going too bloody fast and was not even on the roundabout when you came on.

Not to mention how they don’t use those flashy on off thingys that get on their nerves cos they keep going on and off.

Ste46:
You should live/drive here in Spain! As soon as the traffic lights change, at least three behind are on the button, even before you can let the clutch out!

Or in New Delhi, where many people appear to have wired their horn directly to the ignition…

MrFlibble:

Ste46:

Or in New Delhi, where many people appear to have wired their horn directly to the ignition…

Like in the m/e, the daily check is only to make sure the horn is working, because it’s honking all day long!

dozy:
Do they really think hitting the horn every 2 mins is going to make the que disappear, they do my bloody head in ,I had some bloody idiot hitting the horn when the light changed to green and I couldn’t move forward due to the zig - zag thing on the road :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: and que ahead ,then there’s the Range Rover hitting the horn as I split the lanes to turn left ,zb idiot got a ear full at next set of traffic lights .
You can go all over the country and not get it , do my bloody head in , and the majority are like the Range Rover driver ,office suit type ,there meant to have brains :unamused: :exclamation:

Londoners live and work in London. They are used to the traffic, and accept it in good grace. What they can not put up with, is outsiders coming in occasionally, and fing their life up. So they only use their horn if an inept ■■■■■■■ is holding them up. Usually because they don’t know what they’re doing…

Ste46:

Steve

Its the same in Germany :wink: , Have you ever watched a German person attempting to make a land-line phonecall and its engaged at the other end ? its hilarious :laughing: :laughing: