Londonderry Lodge Truck Stop & Transport Cafe

Londonderry Lodge Truck Stop & Transport Cafe, just off the A1 North Yorkshire (next to Exelby Services) has now re-opened for business (under new management) following its recent closure in December. The services we have on offer are; CCTV Protected overnight lorry parking, accomodation (Bed / Bed & Breakfast) from 1 night to long term, a wide range of home cooked food all day Mon to Fri 05:30-22:30 & Sat 06:00-10:00, Licensed Bar & Lounge in the evenings. We are still easily accessible following the recent A1 motorway upgrade and we also have a limited number of cheap caravan pitches for anyone working in the area, complete with electrical hook up. For any more information regarding any of the above, dont hesitate to call us on 01677 422143.

I wonder if you`ll be offering a sunday joint like the Waywest cafe further south on the A1 :wink:

Thats good news. :slight_smile:

have you refurbished and brought it back from the 60’s look. the last time i was there i saw the cook chuck out a cockroach and stamp on it outside the kitchen :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

the place is in an ideal location its just that its a ■■■■ hole. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

colin ramsay:
Londonderry Lodge Truck Stop & Transport Cafe, just off the A1 North Yorkshire (next to Exelby Services) has now re-opened for business (under new management) following its recent closure in December. The services we have on offer are; CCTV Protected overnight lorry parking, accomodation (Bed / Bed & Breakfast) from 1 night to long term, a wide range of home cooked food all day Mon to Fri 05:30-22:30 & Sat 06:00-10:00, Licensed Bar & Lounge in the evenings. We are still easily accessible following the recent A1 motorway upgrade and we also have a limited number of cheap caravan pitches for anyone working in the area, complete with electrical hook up. For any more information regarding any of the above, dont hesitate to call us on 01677 422143.

It would help if you could give some prices:

Overnight parking, showers, breakfast, evening meals etc.

Are toilets available overnight?

I went there about 10 years ago and the place was in the dark ages then! It was like walking into a time warp!

skids:
I went there about 10 years ago and the place was in the dark ages then! It was like walking into a time warp!

Like the set of life on mars.

jessicas dad:

skids:

Like the set of life on mars.

Yep, the 1st series!

Well now it surprises me to say the least none of you drivers had anything bad to say when it became public that the Derry [Formeley Lawsons Cafe] was closing down in Dec last year I was a regular customer there from 1957, It was a busy place & in my opinion served good food at drivers prices, so hopefully the new owners will restore the Old Derry to its former glory.Right it may have not been every drivers fancy, but I have been in far worse Cafes in my time driving for 44 years plus I still have my class 1 licence.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well now it surprises me to say the least none of you drivers had anything bad to say when it became public that the Derry [Formeley Lawsons Cafe] was closing down in Dec last year I was a regular customer there from 1957, It was a busy place & in my opinion served good food at drivers prices, so hopefully the new owners will restore the Old Derry to its former glory.Right it may have not been every drivers fancy, but I have been in far worse Cafes in my time driving for 44 years plus I still have my class 1 licence.

But most cafes have moved on from 1957 ( apart from
Kates cabin )

Lawrence Dunbar:

Went in there lots of time out of neccesity, but never liked stepping out of the shower into 2 inch of pee from the urinals, and it was always freezing!
The food was adequate and plentiful, but it was deffinately in a time warp, and if these places go out of businness it’s because people do give up accepting the crap, and go elsewhere.

Never been there, went to stop there in December to find it shut, used the Services instead (Leeming Bar) which was excellent to be honest

mickfly:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Went in there lots of time out of neccesity, but never liked stepping out of the shower into 2 inch of pee from the urinals, and it was always freezing!
The food was adequate and plentiful, but it was deffinately in a time warp, and if these places go out of businness it’s because people do give up accepting the crap, and go elsewhere.

i would rather eat in the derry than the squaler down the road called quernhow

What’s the access like these days ■■ I’ve not been down the A1 for a few weeks.

alfa man:
What’s the access like these days ■■ I’ve not been down the A1 for a few weeks.

not sure about southbound mate but come off at ripon if northbound and follow the old road

Access to Londonderry is due to open fully today (31st March) as A1M and service road A6055 opens today.
From the south leave at junction 51 then follow A6055 (which runs parallel to A1M) to Londonderry. Rejoin A6055 south to junction 50 (A61) to return to A1M.
For northbound leave at junction 50 follow A6055 then rejoin at junction 51.
Actually travelling distance will not change and should not take any longer.

Once the govt makes a decision about whether we can develope our proposed new site at junction 51 (due Aug 2012) we will be able to give you the facilities you need and deserve!

Antonie Hoyle
Sites Manager
Exelby Services

Thats good as long as you don’t base the food on the standards of whitwood.

i’m told the cafe at londonderry lodge is now closed but the truckpark and fuel station are still open unless the eggman can tell us diffrently.

Yes, as you say.Cafe shut but parking and pumps still going.