London

Ok it’s my turn to venture into hell again. Am going to Sainsbury Tooting in an 18ton ridgid.Should be there about middle of afternoon. How does this route sound.It’s the only route i have any chance of finding. Off M4, Chiswick roundabout and over Kew Bridge, Mortlake road, Clifford road, upper Richmond road, Roehampton Lane, A3 and down through Wimbledon and turn left onto Merton high street. Should be just case of following road through Colliers Wood to Tooting and store should be on my right. Anybody with a better knowledge of London than me how does that sound. Any problems. Thanks.

Looks ok to me.

Enjoy the journey, it is a lovely day here in London. Not a cloud in the sky.

is hammersmith flyover still shut :question: do you come off before it :question:

commonrail:
is hammersmith flyover still shut :question: do you come off before it :question:

Yes! It’s still shut and Yes you avoid it at Chiswick via Kew bridge on the route above! And it’s only Hell during rush hours in London! :laughing:

@Tortoise! Thought Sainburys did route maps to all stores? :wink:
Your route shouldn’t be too bad daytime! :sunglasses:

Ah, but i dont work for Sainsbury. I’m in Swansea.

what u bringing to sainsburys as thought it was only their own trucks that delivered at a store level

Personally,I’d go junction 10 and straight up the A3. Turn off at B&Q and then sit in the traffic! Used to do Guildford to Tooting 4 times a day! ■■■■■ job!

RobRob:
Personally,I’d go junction 10 and straight up the A3. Turn off at B&Q and then sit in the traffic! Used to do Guildford to Tooting 4 times a day! [zb] job!

Now you were going the preferred Tfl lorry route! Around the 25 and in! Only it’s enforced at night! The London Lorry Ban! :wink:

What is this london lorry ban i take trucks in all the time day and night and never any problem

nedflanders:
What is this london lorry ban i take trucks in all the time day and night and never any problem

Most residential streets are restricted after 2100-0630 Mon-Fri! It’s a large White sign usually with a weight limit on it! At the turn usually! Major A roads are not banned just the streets off them! If you get seen on one and get reported it’s a hefty fine for the company owner of the vehicle and one for the driver!

In some areas it’s strictly enforced! But not as much in others! :wink:

trucks that operate outside these hours have a permit displayed in the windscreen like what we did on the papers innit john

Do a lot of work for taking stages etc into the city and otu again when they finish at all hours and never heard anything hmmm got me thinking now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Maybe they have a permit must check and see

A disc next to ya tax disc.
I used to go in every night to the Smithfield meat market and other drops all around after,never got pinged for using wrong roads or owt like that.
One night though the old bill was sniffing around the market and as I was going out to go over Blackfriars bridge the old bill was stopping wagons.Why,I don’t know.

nedflanders:
Do a lot of work for taking stages etc into the city and otu again when they finish at all hours and never heard anything hmmm got me thinking now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Maybe they have a permit must check and see

Hiya 18 years ago i got done £250 and the company £750 for 2mins before 7am… the stupid boss sent away the techo when they blew it up to 6ft dia it showed 2 mins early. this must have been a tacho
problem as a waited untill 7am. i later found out it was a do gooder who was logging number plates of trucks with no badge on…thanks mate…
ned i think you should take more notice when driving in london mate…have you herd of the LEZ
only thats come out 25 years after the night time ban.
Cheers John

NO disc in window now for exemption to night time ban in London.
You register your truck with tfl and all the roads are covered by those small anpr cameras.
No registration on file you pay.

dessy:

commonrail:

Yes! It’s still shut and Yes you avoid it at Chiswick via Kew bridge on the route above! And it’s only Hell during rush hours in London! :laughing:

well,you could go under hammersmith flyover South via Putney to A3

As of 3rd Jan I am no longer LEZ compliant. HOW SAD :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Yippee. Seriously though anyone who has to drive in London has my sympathy. From the early 1970s to the mid 1980s I did two trips a week to the “smoke” so I knew it pretty well , though we thought the traffic was bad then (pre M25) I hate with a passion having to go there now. regards kevmac47

Know about the lez etc and as disco says no disc on window so maybe they are all registered with tfl.
I would nt go next or near hammersmith at the moment if possible flyover still closed and traffic crazy there
i think a3 is the best route at least traffic moves even if slowly at peak times