London With An Older Truck

We probably have to deliver into London next week, Feltham. As far as I can see delivery point is inside the emissions zone, no problem with that, customer has agreed to pay the £200 :smiley: Regarding the safer lorry scheme the trailer has normal sideguards and we have a front view mirror we can fit, it has all 3 on the nearside. Am I missing something ? There is nothing magical about the load, it is just some steel fabrication that will not be finished until the evening and they want it on site the next morning. Grateful for any advice. (Will ask the same question on the operators board).

My truck ain’t got no fancy bits on it.
Closest i’ve been to the centre of London,is outside aldgate tube station.
Don’t know if that’s in the low emissions zone though.

commonrail:
My truck ain’t got no fancy bits on it.
Closest i’ve been to the centre of London,is outside aldgate tube station.
Don’t know if that’s in the low emissions zone though.

Yeah your well into the low emission zone

manski:
We probably have to deliver into London next week, Feltham. As far as I can see delivery point is inside the emissions zone, no problem with that, customer has agreed to pay the £200 :smiley: Regarding the safer lorry scheme the trailer has normal sideguards and we have a front view mirror we can fit, it has all 3 on the nearside. Am I missing something ? There is nothing magical about the load, it is just some steel fabrication that will not be finished until the evening and they want it on site the next morning. Grateful for any advice. (Will ask the same question on the operators board).

Nope all is fine your lorry compiles with safer lorry scheme

Slightly off topic but
I do central London and i hate it.
There is a co-op on the strand London and they only can take deliveries between 9-11 PM and I only get given it on a Friday or Saturday night. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: It’s nuts. :grimacing:

trucker10:

manski:

Nope all is fine your lorry compiles with safer lorry scheme

Thanks, that’s great.

This should help.

tfl.gov.uk/info-for/deliveries- … rry-scheme

Which is a mockery considering every sliding skel container trailer that delivers into London has just a tiny trailer sideguard. The stupid thing only covers the gap if a 20’ box is slid to the back …and that only when tipping.

I’m a bit confused here.
Do you mean the Feltham that is right next to Heathrow airport? Cos that’s MILES out of London. I was there last week.
Or is there another Feltham in London itself? I can’t find one though.

steviespain:
I’m a bit confused here.
Do you mean the Feltham that is right next to Heathrow airport? Cos that’s MILES out of London. I was there last week.
Or is there another Feltham in London itself? I can’t find one though.

Yes I mean the Feltham near Heathrow and yes it is in the London Emission Zone and London Safer Lorry Scheme (and the night time ban I think ?). Although it is on the edge of the zone and some of the major roads are exempt from some of the schemes, I am told our drop is in it. Simple isn’t it ? :laughing: Glad this is a rare occurrence to be honest.

ahhh riiiight. Wow, I didn’t realize it went out that far!
Ok, thanks for that :slight_smile:

steviespain:

LEZ starts where M3 ends [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why in the world would any driver worry about this ■■■■ thats why you have planners and who cares what the fine is
If they send you go if mistake is made with times and emissions its there problem and if in doubt because of your licence refused its that easy talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill

blue estate:

steviespain:

Me and my snazzy little puddle jumper know no bounds, we go where the mighty daren’t :sunglasses:
:smiley:

steviespain:

blue estate:

steviespain:

Me and my snazzy little puddle jumper know no bounds, we go where the mighty daren’t :sunglasses:
:smiley:

Even that! Lay by inbound on the A316 at Feltham [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

nightline:
Why in the world would any driver worry about this [zb] thats why you have planners and who cares what the fine is
If they send you go if mistake is made with times and emissions its there problem and if in doubt because of your licence refused its that easy talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill

Thank you. :unamused:

He’s got a point though.
Don’t let them put all this ■■■■■■■■ on your toes.