London weight limit

Hi all.

Was just hoping someone would be able to clear something for me. I went through this sign at around 6:40 in the morning in an 18T. I’m quite a new driver (class 2) and not done much London driving. Is this sign part of the lorry control scheme? Also read that these 16.5T signs are old and it the weight limit actually applies to vehicles over 18T. Just wondering if that’s correct or whether I shouldn’t have gone in? I saw the same sign a few times in other areas that said 18T not 16.5

Thanks

Has anybody been done for this? We always run in before 7am as we are on a met police movement order for abnormal load yet my boss has never had any comeback from anybody.

The weight limit is “over 18t” so you should be OK. 16.5t are the old signs which haven’t been changed yet! People do get done, we were even prosecuted once even though we had a permit because allegedly we could have used a different route which didn’t involve as much mileage inside the zone. I can only assume your Met Police movement order counts as a permit.

this is why i avoid london like at all cost MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY.

I can imagine im driving and see the sign and there alway traffic behind you in london im driving a 44ton and have to stop for 5seconds to proccess if i can travel within the time zone or not.

just ban us already or let us SAQIK KHAN

You see those signs “18t except for permit holders”…

I’ve never heard of someone being busted for driving through there without said permit.

How do they know if you’ve got a permit or not, other than you’re a clearly liveried vehicle with legit business up that road?

I’ve always assumed that “permit holder” is anyone with a depot or delivery point down that neighborhood…
Having said that, I’ve driven unliveried vehicles to delivery drops in these areas on Sundays (Eg. Erith, Crayford, A206) and have never been bothered by plod having entered this neighborhood that has these 18t signs up… Think how hard it would be to get to somewhere like Haley Road estate (Used to drop to Londis’ yard there) if you couldn’t use the A206 via Erith…

This is for the 18t or 16.5t signs NOT the 7.5t signs that are more about taking a vehicle too large for that street down there, and getting reported by the first NIMBY that twitches their curtains…

I worked for supermarkets and they basically said their 18t can uses these roads just fine. It’s only the artics that can not unless they have a permit.

So if your 18t you should be fine… Maybe.

its not the police that nick you its the borough council of the area that you enter, and yes you will GET DONE inner London is worse than the outer boroughs

msgyorkie:
Has anybody been done for this? We always run in before 7am as we are on a met police movement order for abnormal load yet my boss has never had any comeback from anybody.

This is how much money they raised in 2018/2019

londoncouncils.gov.uk/servi … about-llcs

YOU NEED TO CLICK ON Lorry Control Scheme income expenditure