London Square mile 'Ring Of Steel' proposal

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38418877

Dear Mayor of London,
Could you please extend the London Ring Of Steel to just inside the M25. Please view all trucks as possible terrorist threats and keep us out.
Thank you.

*sigh.

1. Most of the M25 isn’t in London, so the mayor can’t put up roadblocks just inside it.
  2. Most of the UK isn’t London and if terrorists can’t hit London, they’ll hit somewhere else.
  3. Can you imagine the traffic?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That is certainly reinforcing what we know about the Establishment’s view of priorities. Money, money, money.

Just outside of Londonistans north and south circular would do…

Going by that article it’ll only take them until 2020 - we all know terrorists have a leadtime of at least 10 years for all plans, so that’s scuppered them! :confused:

I’m assuming they forgot about the IRA Manchester, Birmingham and various other bombings which I’m kindof guessing ISIS or whoever the US pees off at the time, might possibly consider to be a credible target unless they’ve made a pinky swear only to blow up central London? Ah well, will see how long it lasts until people get annoyed about not getting their deliveries.

trevHCS:
Going by that article it’ll only take them until 2020 - we all know terrorists have a leadtime of at least 10 years for all plans, so that’s scuppered them! :confused:

I’m assuming they forgot about the IRA Manchester, Birmingham and various other bombings which I’m kindof guessing ISIS or whoever the US pees off at the time, might possibly consider to be a credible target unless they’ve made a pinky swear only to blow up central London? Ah well, will see how long it lasts until people get annoyed about not getting their deliveries.

Probably one of the safest places in the country, doubt they’d take that big a dump on their own doorstep.

A.

Dear Mayor, please build numerous hubs outside the M25 so artics can deliver there and Londoners can collect their cheap tat themselves in a wheel barrow or Steptoe and Son international transport Ltd, horse and cart .
The ring of steel is not a new thing, it has been there since the troubles with the IRA .

London already has a ‘Ring of Steel’, protection from the nutters…the Lord Mayor is a Muslim.

Armagedon:
London already has a ‘Ring of Steel’, protection from the nutters…the Lord Mayor is a Muslim.

I think Dr Andrew Parmley might take issue with being described as “a Muslim”!!

I stand corrected Raymondo but I am sure the Mayor of London will keep Londinistan safe while he is in office.

toby1234abc:
Dear Mayor, please build numerous hubs outside the M25 so artics can deliver there and Londoners can collect their cheap tat themselves in a wheel barrow or Steptoe and Son international transport Ltd, horse and cart .
The ring of steel is not a new thing, it has been there since the troubles with the IRA .

+1, 100%,although I haven’t been to London for a number of years I still hate it

toby1234abc:

Of course, you are right Toby but what a knee jerk reaction to protect the financial centre but leave places where crowds actually gather like Trafalgar Square and the like.

Might protect them from terrorism, but I doubt it’ll protect from flooding…

As I think the Thames barrier will be ‘too small’ soon…

Twoninety88:

toby1234abc:

Of course, you are right Toby but what a knee jerk reaction to protect the financial centre but leave places where crowds actually gather like Trafalgar Square and the like.

They installed it after the IRA used truck bombs in the early 90s in the City, such as with Bishopsgate and the Baltic Exchange. And although deserted on Sundays, it is very busy during the week, although Bishopsgate in particular was timed to go off when nobody (or hardly anyone) was around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk