London Sat Nav and video sat nav

My sat nav has given up on me it wont power up bit sad as it took me all over the world last few years and was one of the cheap Chinese models off ebay.
The only prob I found with it was in London it could not distinguish the times of different road bans i.e if there was a restriction for hgv from 8pm it wouldn’t let u up that road at 3pm and so on.
So time for a new sat nav any recommendation what is the best one for London as now most of my drops are in and around London but I still want it to cover Europe too.
Also seen new ones out that will act a video camera as well anyone tried these yet or are they any good

I’m pretty sure you won’t find one that takes account of the times. TTBOMK this information is not included in the mapping data.

How do sat navs cope then are do they just ignore the times of restrictions?

My Snooper has all of London timed restrictions on it. As for how good it is I have never used nothing else so I have no comparison.

You bought a cheap Chinese sat nav, and wonder why it has stopped working?
My Snooper S7000 rejects London untill the 7 am ban has ended.
I select car mode, then to Lgv mode when getting closer.

Snooper & Tom Tom are both alright but pricey.

By your initial purchase I’d just suggest getting a cheapo Tom Tom & ripping the truck data from t’internet secret society back door merchants.

toby1234abc:
You bought a cheap Chinese sat nav, and wonder why it has stopped working?
My Snooper S7000 rejects London untill the 7 am ban has ended.
I select car mode, then to Lgv mode when getting closer.

I am not wondering why it stopped just a little sad as it had been a great companion :smiley:
And after 4 years for £70 how could I complain about that.

Just came across this link

hgvsolutions.com/buy_procab.htm

add hgv truck to your tom tom, Garmin, navman, autoroute.

Just wondered if anyone has got this from this site, If so is it any good ?

I’m thinking of getting it for my tom tom go live 825.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

killer100:
Just came across this link

hgvsolutions.com/buy_procab.htm

add hgv truck to your tom tom, Garmin, navman, autoroute.

Just wondered if anyone has got this from this site, If so is it any good ?

I’m thinking of getting it for my tom tom go live 825.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I don’t know about that site but it’s a bit pricy, i use lowbridges.com and it works fine on my tomtom but it won’t divert you so you must check the map before you go, but the bridges/weight restrictions show on screen as you approach them so you get at least some warning.
it’s better than nothing but i wouldn’t rely on it.

For London i use a map with my own drawings and markings on. I found sat navs just don’t work properly in London, either lose signal on go right through the centre.