London Lorry Control Scheme (LBTS) & the south circular

Can anyone enlighten me as to the situation regarding the nighttime London lorry ban with regard to the South circular. I’d previously understood that the whole Nth/Sth circular routes were outside the ban, but I went through with a driver last night who pointed out a number of ban signs which do appear to place the ban on the SC itself. Looking through old posts I gather there has always been an area around Greenwich? that was included in the ban, but the rest was outside it. A couple of the signs that I remember were just north of Kew bridge & at the bottom end of the Wandsworth one-way section where, coming southbound, it implies that both left & right at the t-junction are lorry ban areas - very confusing.

alg.gov.uk/lorryban/mapframes.html

heres the official map.

Thanks for that, unfortunately it still doesn’t make it clear & I’m hoping someone familiar with the area(s) can shed some light on the signage confusion.

Where it becomes confusing is at the junction of the A205 (sth Circ) and the A2. If you are heading for the woolwich ferry as an example, you leave the A205 at the junction with the A2 towards Blackwall Tunnel. This then becomes the A102, which you leave at the O2 exit turning right into Blackwall Lane, proceed to the roundabout and turn right following signs for Woolwich and ferry

If common sence prevailed, which it doesn’t, you would be allowed to follow thw A205 (sth Circ) past the A2 junction straight through to the Ferry, saving you about 30-45 mins and approx 5 miles. :angry: :angry:

Hope this is of some help to you… :smiley: :smiley:

one of our lads got busted on that stretch between the a2 and the ferry and from what i remember it was a hefty fine :open_mouth: .

apart from that bit i think its a free roam on the north and south :smiley:

jon

update

it was a £400 fine for him and £400 for the company, that was 4 years ago so with the rate of inflation thats a bout a grand know

jon