London Lorry Control Guide

Anyone aware of any places (Truckstops/MSA’s) that stock this book? I have tried eBay, Amazon and looking on Google and everywhere seems to be out of stock on line.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

A lot of what you need to to know is available on line but PIE Mapping are the firm that publish maps and also have a mapping service you subscribe to which give routes appropriate to your needs :wink:

thepieguide.com/shop/londonl … guide.html

Thats the one I am looking for, looks ideal as it comes with a few maps in and TBH Sat nav’s are useless in London as all the LLC routes are blocked (Or they were last time I went to Picadilly)

splitshift:
A lot of what you need to to know is available on line but PIE Mapping are the firm that publish maps and also have a mapping service you subscribe to which give routes appropriate to your needs :wink:[/quote

^^ as above or you can go onto the TFL website and they are available to purchase online.
I downloaded the control zone map onto my phone too. We use regular routes out of jours and weekends but it’s handy to have just in case of unusual drops or road closures out of hpurs. Remember you must always use the shortest route available on restricted roads, which often ironically, doubles the actual distance you have to travel and fuel you burn/pollution you create. One regular run out of Kings Cross for us is 14kms each way but out ofhours and sundays it’s 42kms each way because of the need to use the shortest restrixted route.

Any idea what the app is called? I cant find it on the play store

How does this sound then?

I am going from Epsom, so would have to go back to the M25 as it is not the “Shortest route”

Going to Oxford Circus via the M40/A40/A501, turning right at Regents park, Right again onto A4201

Or would they want you to go in on the M1, because it is 2 miles shorter in the “Zone” but you have to travel another 18 miles on the M25? CRAZY!

I have spent hours searching, it is crazy how there is so little information online unless you want to pay for membership for an approval service, how are mere drivers supposed to ensure they are compliant?

You could go up the A3 & round South and Nth Circ but it’d be easier round the 25 & in on the A40. You can use any unrestricted road it’s when you use restricted roads that the shortest available route thing applies.
You can download the map from the tfl site mate.

londoncouncils.gov.uk/London … ayout1.pdf

Just found the map, I wasn’t ever aware of the LLC affecting the M1?

Will go A40 - Seems easier :smiley:
Ta

Kate was knocking out the book for a fiver. Worth every penny

No bother Trubster.
Llc doesn’t affect the motorways though mate; just check the map key :wink:

What is a pain is that if doing more than one drop you must return to an unrestricted road, use the approved road network and then re-enter using the shortest route to the next drop, unless you have had a route between the two deliveries approved.

London is a law unto itself. I’ve no doubt that TFL post up all the crap they’re doing, but am I supposed to ditch my hard earned sleep for a few hours every day to see if the road I was on at 7am this morning won’t be coned off at 7am tomorrow?

You can register with PIE Mapping and get the free map download on londonlorrycontrol.com/londo … -download/
You will be notified when there are map changes etc…

The new Guides are being built sorry there is no stock currently. We are also building an App that does HGV navigation UK wide and Lorry Control routes when required. Hope this give you want you need?