London Lorry Control. A21

Hi, allegedly caught within the London lorry ban on the A21 Farnborough Way, last week, now I avoid roads that have signs saying it is in the control area, but I have not seen the signs on Farnborough Way, when you come round the roundabout the first exit is sign posted and the third is, but the A21 Farnborough Way isn’t, did I miss something, or are the signs further up the road?
I have this roundabout on street view, and will try post a pic.

The roundabout where the pub is at green st green?

This one…

I glanced at that as I wizzed passed, but on the roundabout only the 1st and 3rd exit was sign posted, the A21 isn’t, and nothing after it.

Surely the road its self should be sign posted, or are they just out to trap unsuspecting drivers? or is the sign further up the road, I don’t recall seeing one, or I would of stopped before it.

IMG_0094.PNG

IMG_0093.PNG

IMG_0092.PNG

The one warning you before is sufficient. They do not have to/or are obliged to put one on the road if your only approach is signposted

I have every sympathy with drivers who get caught out with the LLC, London must be one of the worst places in the entire world to drive a truck, one wrong turn could cost you a couple of days wages. I could understand if it’s catching people who repeatedly break the ban, I just feel we all make mistakes.

None of the LLC Signs I have seen (Inc the ones above) are not compliant with the TSRGD, hence unenforceable.

The problem is that as mere drivers, we get no say in the ticket unless the company appeals on your behalf. You can’t just “Name the driver” for them to deal with, it is the companies responsibility.

theonlybigman:
The one warning you before is sufficient. They do not have to/or are obliged to put one on the road if your only approach is signposted

Really? Would you mind citing the source of such information?

They got me on Putney Hill Road,but as there is no Sign i didnt pay.
Two Letters each one sent another then a Hearing in London. Got it Black on White i don’t have to pay.

trubster:

theonlybigman:

The enforcers thought that they din’t have to put signs up to inform as well, well until it went to appeal and they was asked to show where in the regulations it says they don’t have to put sufficient signs up, they couldn’t so the appeal was successful.
They actully got a bollocking for not fulfilling there obligation to make signs clear and to maintain them or replace as needed.

weeto:

trubster:

theonlybigman:

The enforcers thought that they din’t have to put signs up to inform as well, well until it went to appeal and they was asked to show where in the regulations it says they don’t have to put sufficient signs up, they couldn’t so the appeal was successful.
They actully got a bollocking for not fulfilling there obligation to make signs clear and to maintain them or replace as needed.

Exactly, the quote was to ask “theonlybigman” for the source of what he put in his post… it is bull ■■■■.

The TSRGD specifies how each and every road sign has to look to be legal, they have to be a set size, font, position, location etc.

The examples I have seen are fantastic, heading towards woolwich ferry, 1 x 7,5t sign between an exit/entry on the dual carriageway, now why not put it further back so you can actually get off if you wanted to.

It’s like this turning off the A316 - 50 mph speed limit and it’s only on the left side of the road, obscured by bushes and set so far back it’s dangerous to rejoin the main carriageway by the time you see it. You have to zoom in to see it, it’s on the first left hand lamppost.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399979182272.jpg[/attachment]

trubster:

theonlybigman:

In a response I received from London Councils last year when I appealed a fine on behalf of a driver. The PCN was overturned for a different reason, but I do think this was the main reason they revoked the fine.

theonlybigman:

trubster:

theonlybigman:

In a response I received from London Councils last year when I appealed a fine on behalf of a driver. The PCN was overturned for a different reason, but I do think this was the main reason they revoked the fine.

I can assure you that PATAS would have to grant the appeal on signage, but of course the council’s never want to admit they are wrong.

Signs need to be on both sides of the road, of a certain size and in darkness (in a street lit area) need to be illuminated.

Exactly the same as speed limits.

quote: Really? Would you mind citing the source of such information?

The way i see it, is a roundabout with 3 exits on that roundabout, ( plus the one you have just come down ) each exit shows a lorry ban, weight limit, unless you have a lorry route permit, so doesnt need any further explanation except good eyesight and an understanding of road signs, just common sense.

truckyboy:
quote: Really? Would you mind citing the source of such information?

The way i see it, is a roundabout with 3 exits on that roundabout, ( plus the one you have just come down ) each exit shows a lorry ban, weight limit, unless you have a lorry route permit, so doesnt need any further explanation except good eyesight and an understanding of road signs, just common sense.

The way you see it, is not how the law sees it.

A weight limit, in fact, any limit needs to be signed the same as a speed limit as posted a few posts above.

just a question .
Are any of the exits posted with the info .
if one or two exit are and the other/s not then there’s a non compliance argument .

NewLad:
I have every sympathy with drivers who get caught out with the LLC, London must be one of the worst places in the entire world to drive a truck, one wrong turn could cost you a couple of days wages. I could understand if it’s catching people who repeatedly break the ban, I just feel we all make mistakes.

It’s a crappy place to drive. I missed a turning a while back and was obviously concerned I might end up somewhere I shouldn’t so had to screw it round in the middle of the road. I had to decline the offer of coffee as I don’t drink it but at least I didn’t get a letter sent to my employer along with a fine.