London Lorry Ban

Company is on about us going inside the M25 at night to load waste paper etc. What’s the score with the lorry ban and permits etc? Do the trucks have to have a permit displayed?

Mate tried looking online but he says you even have to pay a fee to see the ban map!

mikeshe:
Mate tried looking online but he says you even have to pay a fee to see the ban map!

Bull. hgvcity.com/Lorry_Routes/Lor … Routes.pdf

Not sure about the permits, never needed one, but I have found you a free map for the Excluded road network. which will show you which roads you can and can’t use.

http://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/services/london-lorry-control

The above map gives you the list of Exempt Routes. You’re allowed to use them even when the ban is in force. If you need to use any other road inside the ban area then you need a permit. Even with a permit, you must use the shortest (legal) route to/from your delivery/collection point to/from an exempt road, even if it means driving in the opposite direction to the way you want to go :unamused:

I don’t know whether you’re required to show a permit.

Thanks lads, very helpful. I know a few years ago permits seemed to be displayed on the trucks but perhaps that’s not necessary now as long as the trucks are registered with the ban people, which the company are telling us they have done.

the trucks we used to run through the lorry ban had plates fixed to them. There were sometimes issues when we used hired vehicles without plates.
I think you also have to submit a route for approval.

I delivered to the Sainsburys DC near the Woolworth Fairy on a Sunday and went back over the water on the Fairy, unaware (until it was too late) that it was inside the LLC zone (Signs on underpass between exit/entry slip)

I never heard anything from it.

give me the time and date you did that you rotter and i’ll phone them and bring it to there attention , come on im waiting i can see your there :wink: