London lorry ban question

I have a timed drop on Ropemaker street in the city on Monday morning at 0715.

Where would be the closest place to wait until the ban lifts at 0700?

I can’t think of anywhere to lay up and wait close enough to get you there for 0715. If you can time it to get to where the A1 meets the 501 for 0700 then you are good, probably take you 15 mins to do from there anyways…

F-reds:
I can’t think of anywhere to lay up and wait close enough to get you there for 0715. If you can time it to get to where the A1 meets the 501 for 0700 then you are good, probably take you 15 mins to do from there anyways…

That’s what I thought F-reds. I was just hoping for a little spot along the A40/A501 so I could get as close as possible as early as possible.

Thanks anyway.

where are you coming from?

mattecube:
where are you coming from?

Worcester, so M40/A40.

had a delivery at 7.30 Park Royal the other day and used Slough Trading estate off M4 jct 7 its very safe and 25 miles out if thats any help put in Banbury ave in sat nav

Had strand at 7 am last week, just left London gateway at 7 am and got there when I got there , most of the folks at the places I go know the score so are fine about getting there late

The closest i would know were Park Royal.
Leave A40 for Borth Circular and go A406 East.After a Kilometer go off A406 turn left and streight right past ACE Cafe and stop under Bridge. Shall be OK Sunday Nite

Immigrant:
The closest i would know were Park Royal.
Leave A40 for Borth Circular and go A406 East.After a Kilometer go off A406 turn left and streight right past ACE Cafe and stop under Bridge. Shall be OK Sunday Nite

Yeah because the traffic around there is just A ■■■■■■■ 1 at the minute Immigrant :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

To be honest if you time your journey to bring you in by Northolt around 06:00 by the time you’re at the City Rd Goswell Rd split where you enter the llcs you won’t be far out and if you have a bonafide delivery address inside the zone then if you do get a letter through the post (which is unlikely) then you should be ok.
By 06:45 there are that many wagons running round there you’d be unlucky to singled out.

Me and other foodservice lorries were in London from 6am and before sometimes. Never once had any trouble for it - Except one delivery which i did with bags of ice cubes that by the time the customer turned up after i had gone were bags of water :laughing:

Our company got fined for going to an address inside the LLC for 0600. This was probably 4-5 years ago now. Now the gaffer is more careful about it!

We go into the LLB area all the time. 6am drop in Ealing. Never heard nowt from it.

Radar19:
We go into the LLB area all the time. 6am drop in Ealing. Never heard nowt from it.

How heavy are the trucks? 18t and below are not covered.

Muckaway:

Radar19:

How heavy are the trucks? 18t and below are not covered.

That will be why I had no issues as i was 18T.