London lez euro 5 whens it change

does anyone know when the changes from euro 4 to 5 happen ive looked at tfl website but no

I didn’t know it was changing? I guess most of Londons’ tippers will be sold off cheap then (Hinos)?
I keep seeing some red Volvo FL 8w tippers on N regs within the LEZ; Surely converting them must be more than they’re worth? Same with Fodens, quite a few on 03-06 plates…

Them fl6s do offal n meat unfit for human consumption. The tipper bodies have binlifts on them so i supouse the firm decided to do the exhausts rather than re equiping.
As you say plenty of older tippers on tve road with exhausts on. Mainly due to the suicidak rstes many are running for.
Could be a few late ones coming up Mcardle went skint the other week

IIRC it was due to come into force for Jan 14 but I’m sure I read somewhere that it has been scrapped for now.

Cheers
Neilf

Was due for Jan 2015 but Boris has scrapped it for hgvs and coaches, but tfl busses still need to comply

Muckaway:
I didn’t know it was changing? I guess most of Londons’ tippers will be sold off cheap then (Hinos)?
I keep seeing some red Volvo FL 8w tippers on N regs within the LEZ; Surely converting them must be more than they’re worth? Same with Fodens, quite a few on 03-06 plates…

When I purchased my Hino was given to understand it was O.K.till 2016 if the past 5 years is anything to go by it will make 2016 and beyond no probs! some older Scanias Volvos & Fodens met the requirements without modification,my MAN did’nt :open_mouth:

kr79:
Them fl6s do offal n meat unfit for human consumption. The tipper bodies have binlifts on them so i supouse the firm decided to do the exhausts rather than re equiping.
As you say plenty of older tippers on tve road with exhausts on. Mainly due to the suicidak rstes many are running for.
Could be a few late ones coming up Mcardle went skint the other week

Were they the stinky ones that ran out of Silvertown?BTW I reckon McA’s will be back by Monday next, change of name and crack on! you can’t keep a good man down :laughing: :laughing:

Thats them.
I have heard mckenna is still operating which is owned by the same people.
Rumour has it Danny Andrews has nicked the motorway work though-

Danny Andrews? 'nuff said! :laughing:

:smiley:

Do Andrews actually have any English drivers or is it company policy to only employ poles

splitshift:
Danny Andrews? 'nuff said! :laughing:

Saw a few of his working in Seven Sisters area last week. Those red Volvo FL 8w say L&B on the doors. Saw them around the A406 and Park Royal today.

Talking of London tippers, I’ve noticed McGees’ still have those “traffic light” weighing systems on their wagons.
A lot of small operators are using ex McGee and Keltbray (aka “Cycle Squashers”) trucks plus a few ex Bennies of Wroxton nr Banbury. When I’m drivers’ mate I pass the time playing “guess the tippers’ previous owner”…
:laughing:

Keltbray formerly known as killbray :smiley:

Chewyboy:
Do Andrews actually have any English drivers or is it company policy to only employ poles

Used to be a good man to work for plenty of £££ to be made.

It’s still £100 a day I hear you gotta pay your own tax though they’ve got a few motors now too :smiley:

He buys and sells motors so its best not to get attached to it

When is euro 5 not allowed can’t wait to not do London

You’ve got a long time yet as no date set for the end of euro 4 so far.

dafpower:
When is euro 5 not allowed can’t wait to not do London

It’s the day after your boss buys you a euro 6 :stuck_out_tongue: