London help

Got a drop in Clapham and one in Wimbledon to follow. Currently parked in Gateway on M1.

Satnav is saying Finchley Rd, Baker St, Oxford St, Park Lane then Vauxhall Bridge. Is there any restrictions for 44t artic?

You could go Hanger lane, Chiswick, over Kew brg, then A205 STH circ to Clapham.

Straight down the a5…for me.

As sat nav has it down M1 onto A41 that the way national coaches go not to bad only tight bit will be hyde park corner.

biggriffin:
You could go Hanger lane, Chiswick, over Kew brg, then A205 STH circ to Clapham.

Traffic, traffic and more traffic plus low bridge to contend with.

toonsy:
Got a drop in Clapham and one in Wimbledon to follow. Currently parked in Gateway on M1.

Satnav is saying Finchley Rd, Baker St, Oxford St, Park Lane then Vauxhall Bridge. Is there any restrictions for 44t artic?

Decent route. No restrictions.

commonrail:

Stop, start, stop, start etc…better than Chiswick though!

commonrail:

Used to be a 7.5t weight limit on the railway bridge at Kilburn, but that may not be there any more.

Cheers for help chaps.

In the end I went to Wimbledon first as it was timed and the other wasn’t so needed to make sure I made it so went A406/A205 then off to Wimbledon on A219 I think.

GORDON 50:

commonrail:

Used to be a 7.5t weight limit on the railway bridge at Kilburn, but that may not be there any more.

I’ve never seen one.

Essential bit of info you’ve missed when asking for London route info… what height are you?

commonrail:

GORDON 50:

commonrail:

I’ve never seen one.

Just had a nosey on street view back as far as 2009 and it’s not there, but I used to use it a lot in the 90s and then I spotted a sign at Staples just after joining the A5 southbound that warned of this weight limit further down, I didn’t believe it till I got to the bridge at Kilburn and saw a 7.5t sign tucked away where it was hard to see, but obvious once you knew it was there. Everyone else at the depot knew about it and I never used it again.

TiredAndEmotional:

toonsy:

Does this not go in the congestion charge? Or are you not bothered about that?

Rowley010:

TiredAndEmotional:

toonsy:

Does this not go in the congestion charge? Or are you not bothered about that?

It does but meh…

To avoid it either could’ve gone Edgeware Rd or right from Baker St onto Marylebone Rd then left onto Old Marylebone Rd then onto Edgeware Rd

Rowley010:
Essential bit of info you’ve missed when asking for London route info… what height are you?

Today I was 13ft 10in