London fireworks - thought there was a recession on !?

Very pretty… BUT… What a waste of money :exclamation: :exclamation:
We are all being told to tighten the belt , watch our pennies etc etc, yet we see the , I presume, London Assembly trying to compete with other capitals of the world, to show off who has the biggest firework display.
well whoopee-doo. I would love to know how much that little lot cost :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp:
And who TF is going to pay for it ■■?

i would rather set light to a £5 note than buy fireworks… same thing really■■?

:open_mouth: :laughing: :open_mouth: :laughing:

I agree it must have cost many 1000s of pounds, must be a tax fiddle… :wink:

Last night it looked like Baghdad over in the direction of Normanton Road in Derby. Unfortunately there were no F16’s, only fireworks. :wink:

The mosques must have been lit up in the night sky.

Wheel Nut:
Last night it looked like Baghdad over in the direction of Normanton Road in Derby.

I used to live just off Normanton Road. You don’t need fireworks to make it look like Baghdad! :wink:

gnasty gnome:

Wheel Nut:
Last night it looked like Baghdad over in the direction of Normanton Road in Derby.

I used to live just off Normanton Road. You don’t need fireworks to make it look like Baghdad! :wink:

It smells like it anyway :laughing: :laughing:
curry , sweat and ■■■

Welcome to a muslim area near you

I actually enjoyed the pyrotechnics in London, probably one of the few smiles people in the capital will have during 2009. All Boris has to do now is ensure that the London Boroughs sack a few of the over-paid chancers in ‘non jobs’, and the fireworks will be paid for :smiley: