London directions

I’ve done abit of london mainly park royal but just after abit of advise from people who are abit more experienced than me.

Going to sw63hr(carnwath road) in the morning from cambridge, will leave probably around 430ish and was planning on going m11, m25, m4, a4 then sat nav/eyeball the last bit, is this the most straight forward way or have I picked the most arse about face way possible?

Cheers. Simon.

Simon,

if i were you, from M25 id take A1 Barnet bypass into London, a406,(park royal/hanger ln) a40, a3220, then a308 and a217. From my experience this is quicker. Hammersmith flyover still restricted for hgvs thats a4)

Only make sure you start a3220 bit after 7am to avoid hassle with hgv night time restrictions.

I am regular in that area.

m

markoyl:
Simon,

m

Which toilet do you use?

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?cn5b1y
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

markoyl:
Simon,

if i were you, from M25 id take A1 Barnet bypass into London, a406,(park royal/hanger ln) a40, a3220, then a308 and a217. From my experience this is quicker. Hammersmith flyover still restricted for hgvs thats a4)

Only make sure you start a3220 bit after 7am to avoid hassle with hgv night time restrictions.

m

I’m probably starting too early then really with the lorry ban, don’t have to be there till 8(booking time) but wanted to get tipped early as poss because I’ve got a south croydon tip at 8-9. I don’t know anything about the lorry ban, is it sign posted? What’s happens if I go in it before 7?

Cheers for your help, london is nothing but hassle at times!

As an old wag from East Yorkshire once said in response to a new driver when asking for directions.

How do I get to London boss?

That’s easy, Turn left at Green Tree in Hatfield and follow tha nose.

Simon,

it is sign-posted. It says smth like 18t restriction midnight through 7am.

I personally have been fined before in Wandsworth around 3yrs ago. it was around 350£ but office paid :laughing: thank god. ever since im pretty careful with these things.

Id still go early to beat the incoming london morning traffic, but id wait/have a coffee till 645am in park royal area its not v. hard to park there…

south croydon is not too far where you tip anyway …get across wandswoth bridge, via tooting, mitcham and croydon. shouldnt take you more than 40mins i think.

goodluck

That’s great, thanks very much for your time.

I used to go to a burger place when I was dropping around Heathrow and when I left, I’d jack the truck round and head to my next drop, 1st sign I saw was an end of hgv restriction ban, never heard anything, but they weren’t gonna stop me eating just because my truck was too big or noisy :imp:

Carnwath Road has a 7ft width restriction about half mile along, you have to enter and leave via the A217…

lol, 40 mins in london, the london weight restrictions are ok, if you use main routes, go M11 on to A406 around, quicker that going around the 25. the london restrictions are ok if you have set routes … as you leave at 4.30 you will hit london by 6am A406 should be nice and clear.

markoyl:
Simon,

m

First at all you cant go A40 before 07.00 south to that point.You will need A4 and follow diversion at Hammersmith Flyover,which is to leave Flyover at Hammersmith,go around Shopping Centre and back to A4
few month ago you could go from north Circular south the South Circular to Putney hill road and turn left.But only east-Bound.If you were west Bound there were restriction sign posted.Dont know if they changed it.London Council tryed to charge my put reversed then that case and i hadnt to pay as the Officer didnt know about that Confusion.

Cheers mark, those directions were spot on! Didnt even think about the lorry ban before you said :astonished: .