London Bridges

Hi, Running into central London tomorrow in a 26T, any ideas what bridges i can use
Thanks

London bridge 7.5t limit
Waterlooo7.5t limit
Chelsea 7.5 limit
Hammer smith is 7.5 limit

Blackwell tunnel 13ft height limit going north.goong South 15 ft 6
Not fully sure about others.

Think most these days have gone to 7.5t limits all anti trucks

Whatever route your firm gives you?

I’m pretty sure Chelsea is not 7.5t as it used for Chelsea flower show traffic. Wasn’t restricted then.

Lambeth, Westminster, Vauxhall and Southwark should be all good.

Tower bridge is an 18t

edd1974:
London bridge

Isn’t that one falling down? Probably best avoided.

Use the blackfriars,no restriction on that but Farringdon road (a201) is closed for gasworks,so you have to follow the diversion

It’s like they are setting a challenge to drivers delivering in London…
See if you can deliver from A to B and get out in time,.while we put every restriction and ■■■■ obstacle we can think of to prevent you from doing so.
It’s like some kind of computer game ffs. :unamused:

I’m ■■■■ pleased I never go anywhere near that sh hole anymore.
Last time I was through there was in a Dutch regd motor, where I ignored everything, safe in the knowledge the basts would not bother following anything up…it used to give me immense pleasure stuffing it to Genghis ■■■■ Khan .

Before that in the earlier days I actually liked going into London, but only because you could overnight park in there and take advantage of the social side. :smiley:
Now?..
If I never went back it would be too soon.

I used to do multi drop in London for Halfords,this was in a decker,no sat navs or smartphones at the time,just clutching an A to Z in my left hand while changing gear.I dont know how I managed it ,looking back…

robroy:
It’s like they are setting a challenge to drivers delivering in London…
See if you can deliver from A to B and get out in time,.while we put every restriction and [zb] obstacle we can think of to prevent you from doing so.
It’s like some kind of computer game ffs. :unamused:

I’m [zb] pleased I never go anywhere near that sh hole anymore.
Last time I was through there was in a Dutch regd motor, where I ignored everything, safe in the knowledge the basts would not bother following anything up…it used to give me immense pleasure stuffing it to Genghis [zb] Khan .

When was the last time you drove a Dutch registered lorry? Both outfits you worked for, have been flagging out to East Euroland for decades…

8wheels:
I’m pretty sure Chelsea is not 7.5t as it used for Chelsea flower show traffic. Wasn’t restricted then.

Lambeth, Westminster, Vauxhall and Southwark should be all good.

Tower bridge is an 18t

Come over it regular from our Battersea depot and round to the A4 through the new 20 zone ( :unamused: ) and have been over it via Sloane Sq for a change of scenery!

no weight limit on waterloo bridge, i been over it 3 times in the last 6 weeks and no signs saying there is a limit

Sploom:
I used to do multi-drop in London for Halfords, this was in a decker, no sat navs or smartphones at the time, just clutching an A to Z in my left hand while changing gear. I don’t know how I managed it, looking back…

Me too. Was it Putney - with a really awkward car park?

I cant remember,I suppose I delivered to a lot of the stores.I remember overnighting outside the Catford store and also Croyden.There was a few other drivers,we ended up in the local boozer.
I used to turn up to stores in shopping centres with idea how to get to the bay and if you stopped to ask,there would be police or traffic wardens on you straight away to move you on before you even got a chance to speak

Richmond Upon Thames was another really good Halford’s shop. Tiny little place that only took two or three cages, but it was in a cul de sac beside the bus station. The easy way to get in was to drive through the bus station (“No Vehicles Except Buses”) and then reverse down to the shop. All on double yellows of course.

Oddly, the traffic wardens were okay about it.

I liked the Halfords work but the only trouble was those huge pallets of antifreeze you had to unload.Had backache for 6 months after leaving that job