London Bridge

Can someone tell me if there any restrictions on this bridge.

Is it in the charge zone as well.

Cheers

i dont know about the charge zone but there is no weight limit on it. height im not sure but i have been over it in a 13 ft 3inch fridge trailer.
tower bridge has a weight limit of 17 ton .

A while since i’ve been to London so check this against someone or somewhere else too!

The current London Bridge was built in the early 1970’s. There is no weight limit on the bridge itself as far as I am aware, however it may sit within a weight restricted traffic zone.

Try this link for the charging zone map.
bbc.co.uk/london/congestion/ … main.shtml

Hope this helps.

Just edited to tidy up the link, Rikki

No limits on London Bridge… it is in the CC zone …

And there was me thinking it was sold and moved to the Arizona Dessert :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Its in the cc zone,Check to see whether you are allowed in as I know that their are restrictions on taking certain weights and sizes into The City of London before certain times.
When I did steel work we had a big steel canopy for the Guildhall,The artic delivering it and the mobile crane lifting it were’nt allowed into city until after 6 or 7pm.

truckyboy:
And there was me thinking it was sold and moved to the Arizona Dessert :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, yes it was, it was sold in the 1970s when the new bridge was built, and it stands there in the Arizona desert to this day, with double-decker buses and taxis trundling over it.

Word on the street is that the Yanks, being a bit thick, thought they were buying Tower Bridge until the moment it arrived in crates.

Vince

Vince:
Word on the street is that the Yanks, being a bit thick

:unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing:

a couple of years ago i was lost on the embankment and got a bit fed up ( better than being censored) and thought stuff it and went over tower bridge.

I have been over Tower Bridge, because I didn’t see any weight restriction signs until I got to the bridge itself, and by then there was nowhere else left to go. I’m sure there were advanced warnings but that I missed them.

I was expecting a nick, because it’s a fairly high-profile limit to bust, but I wasn’t stopped and I didn’t get a camera summons either.

Vince

One of Hanbury Davies drivers got done by the camera on Tower Bridge he was a bit green So some wag (no names :wink: ) told him if he goes back down there to reverse over the bridge and it will cancel out the first fine :laughing:

i didn get done at all but i was just cheesed off at trying to cross the river.

:smiley: if you get a copy of the original truck drivers handbook, it has all the london bridge weights and restictions and the height of all the tunnels. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: