Logger!

Did anyone else see the old logging truck on the A34 yesterday? it joined from the A303 at about 11:00. unfortunately, I passed it going up hill with a queue of trucks behind me, and didn’t get a really good look at it. I was doing 52Mph, and it was doing about 15MPH! Was it a Volvo or scania?

I seem to recall that there’s a Volvo F88 still bouncing around the M4/A34 pulling logs, I think I’ve seen it once or twice too.

Bob

Probably I’ve seen the same F88 on M25 between J9 & J10 about 4 weeks ago.
Nice one , make me :smiley:

Bob from Barford or near there F88
seen everywhere K L M N plate or some thing like

Yep seen it a few times on the 303, Its a Volvo F88, there’s a DAF 2200 rigid flat bed that goes around that way aswell

There’s a place just off the 303 near sparkford by the heritage motor museum, Garret Commercials, always have some interesting old trucks in there as I go past.

is this what you saw
flickr.com/photos/fryske/3630177156/

I’ve seen it around Hamps a few times, then saw it last week parked in a layby west bound A303 around Thruxton, then later after I was parked up at Solstice services he rumbled past at a steady rate, he must’nt have fancied letting it go down the big hill :grimacing:

It makes fairly regular appearances in the industry magazines.

truckerjon:
Logger!

Thank god for that! I thought I’d got caught having a dump in the bushes again :wink:

This one? youtube.com/watch?v=zZJeHcy9y3k