Log books?

As anybody still got an old log book? If so- post it on here it, as would be interesting to see , i remember the last ones called ‘the individual control book’ where a ruler was required to fill them in

They should bring back the lie books, it would save a fortune that’s spent on wire and magnets :smiley:

i still use one here in the states, but will soon be using an electronic on board recorder, cannot believe in the 21st century that they still use them .i think its only a matter of time before they are phased out

Still use them here too, took me all of 5 minutes to work them out when I strated using one here. :laughing:

Prior to the “log book”, does any one remember the “log sheets” ? Pieces of copied paper, grab a handful from the office, fill one out at the start, …change during the day… if necessary !! :unamused: :unamused:

If!

Surely as?..Tony.

Fergie47:
Prior to the “log book”, does any one remember the “log sheets” ? Pieces of copied paper, grab a handful from the office, fill one out at the start, …change during the day… if necessary !! :unamused: :unamused:

I can remember my Dad filling those out on BRS, Ops 60 sheet, I think, but Harry or one of them old BRS boys will put us right.

Fergie47:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I loved them to bits Fergie,not many days went by without a “rip up and start again” action.It was surprising how far you get in one day with three bits of paper,two ripped up and one in one piece in the cab.

Hiya chris…we was always been told about false recordings in our log books was,nt we. well these new fangel digi techo,s
redgister 2 minutes when you,ve only moved 6 feet hows that for false recording…but thats on there side so OK.
I never scrapped a sheet i went at 3am then changed it to a 8 before dinner.5 hours in hand always did the trick.
bad boy jon.

recall my dad filling out huge sheets on our kitchen table think he did it when he remembered to this would have been late 50s early 60s. fred m

hiya,
The ops 6 was ‘nt a log sheet they was a different thing altogether the ops 6 was a weekly record of your weeks work ie’
from - to
mileage, fuel drawn and from where, really everything you’ve done for that week,
goods carried
where you subbed
where you parked
made life easy for the office bods the log sheets started out as times and dates and finished up as drawn lines and so long as the lines were unbroken no need for a ruler at least i never used one and mine were always accepted, i actually used the sheets/books until i chucked driving in fact local authorities still used them until recently and maybe still do.
thanks harry long retired.

harry_gill:
hiya,
The ops 6 was ‘nt a log sheet they was a different thing altogether the ops 6 was a weekly record of your weeks work ie’
from - to
mileage, fuel drawn and from where, really everything you’ve done for that week,
goods carried
where you subbed
where you parked
made life easy for the office bods the log sheets started out as times and dates and finished up as drawn lines and so long as the lines were unbroken no need for a ruler at least i never used one and mine were always accepted, i actually used the sheets/books until i chucked driving in fact local authorities still used them until recently and maybe still do.

Hi Harry,i was still useing log books in 2000 when i drove a Tanker for Thames water in London…chris

harry_gill:
hiya,
from - to
goods carried
where you subbed
where you parked

Hiya … the John pointon(blood n guts) waggons Cheddleton run on log sheets. they,er not suppose to stop if loaded. they stink that bad the motorway services have banned them. the police keep well clear i would think VOSA wave them past.it would be a dream to drive on log books again but the stink
would take some getting use to.pointon has about 200 motors so people will do the job i think the pay is good and always new motors.
John

It would certainly be a dedicated VOSA man who gave those blood and guts lorries a PG9, the guys back in the testing station would have his own guts for garters :stuck_out_tongue:

Meanwhile here is some music :laughing:

It looks more accurate than many of my old log sheets!

There must be loads of these log books around somewhere.After all,everyone had two. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They’ve just reminded me of carbon paper does anyone still use it?

boris:
They’ve just reminded me of carbon paper does anyone still use it
Hiya…yes boris my dentist he makes you grind it between your teeth to show the high spots on his fillings…LOL
John

Is this what you mean? I always kept a spare! Much better then digital tacho and isotrack me thinks.

S1050916.JPG

S1050915.JPG

S1050914.JPG

bernielanson:
Is this what you mean? I always kept a spare! Much better then digital tacho and isotrack me thinks.

These were the second phase of log books, the first ones were the same as the old log sheets where you wrote in your starting place your destination and load description and if you did several loads a day you entered each one on a separate line and the places I worked for you had to sign them out and sign them back in when full but if you were doing European work you used the one as pictured and for the 7 days when you returned before before reverting to the one for national work. The log sheets were better as the ones handed in were usually wrote out at the weekend after returning from the local hostlry. This was because I was always rubbish at writing and you had to hand them in so that they were readable
. :wink:
cheers Johnnie