Lockwoods at ambergate

Hi
has any body got any information on lockwoods at ambergate as ive got an interview and im wordering what they are live to work for

thanks for any info

steve

I worked there around 8 years ago.
Steve Gilbert runs the job and he’s spot on. (don’t upset him though cos he’s a fierce temper so I’ve heard :wink:).
It was a good job when i worked there. I left to do European work but would go back given the chance.

thanks for that
steve

Sorry i cant be more help steve.
All i can say is it was a very good job. The office staff were helpful and rarely on the phone as long as you did the job ok
SERT in nottingham was a major contract when i was there. Plts of grocery to rdc`s
They were also in the process of getting a lot of printwork from Just around the corner.
Good luck {and if you dont take the job let me know!} :laughing: :wink:

Youve done well to get an interview there, its a dead mans shoes job/firm. Have an excellent reputation in this area.

thanks for that
ive taken the job, start monday

steve gilbert runs it and steveg is asking what they are like to live to work for:shock:

I’ve had worse jobs…and better. Pay was £7.50 ph for artics last year time and a quarter after 48. Rob Lockwood was a nice bloke, Derby fan but was good for the banter.
I gave it up as living in Notttingham it was too far to travel when my tramping job became a day job the travelling is too much when doing 12-15 hour days although they’ll let you stay in your cab onsite if you want. Got nice showers to.
Good luck, and just be flexible Thats how they like it. And be prepared for a few Friday night stop outs after collecting steal from Wales when all the blue eyed boys are done and home for 4 :wink:
And if you need help just ask they were mostly good lads and would help anyone.

my mate has just finished there to go do euro stuff, said it was a nice outfit to work for

Interview tomorrow morning. Hope it’s as good a job now as it was ten years ago.