Locking your doors

Do you take any extra precautions when locking your doors at night. I’m going back tramping this week and havn’t done it for years. (since before sat navs…long time…) Now i spoke to a guy who said he woke up and someone was in his cab :open_mouth: . so he puts a strap across the door now. Is this true or have i nothing to worry about.

Also when i used to tramp last time i was with a big company and services were paid, we didnt need to speak to anybody, just park up, So how do you pay for mse ? is there a bod that walks around taking the cash or do you go to the eating hole?

Silly questions i know but its been along time since securicor omega :sunglasses: .

Cheers.

MSA go into the shop usually w h smiths (I think lol) and tell the people at the till and you put in your reg on their computer

Paid in WH smiths last night in exeter and same in Tibshelf night before.

I only just lock my doors never strapped them and never had any problems the 6years I have been tramping!!

kiwitaff:
Silly questions i know but its been along time since securicor omega :sunglasses: . Cheers.

i remember Russell Davies before they bought them out! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: I don’t know why ANY truck driver pays at an MSA? :sunglasses:

How odd.I was going to post the same topic.I had a lad try the doors in Porto one night.He soon ran off when i fired some blanks off with a starting pistol which can be bought legaly in Europe.
Few weeks later i saw him walking down the road leaving a factory a few miles away.
For the ratchet straps,if there was a fire it takes time to get out quick.I was an owner driver for Securicor Omega Container Logistics at Southampton docks.Thay said they had cars all over the Uk that checked if you were in a lay by as they insisted on secure parking.They had accounts for their employed drivers.Like you said just park up.
Cab break ins were common on the coastal areas of Valencia and Alicante due to immigrants living in the irange groves who had no work visa or thrown away their passports.
When driving in towns/cities i lock the cab doors.You never know if there some nutter with a knife about.I hide the ignition keys at night and hide the sat nav ,wallet and phone.Then forget where i left it.!

MMTM one night he parked up in a layby on the A38 and woke up to find two young women in his cab.
One put her finger to his lips while the other gave him a BJ.
The next morning, he woke to find his wallet was missing.

The same thing happened to him the following week, then twice the week after that, so now he parks there every night he can, and keeps a supply of wallets in the drawer under his bunk.

Boom Boom!

Fatboy slimslow:
I don’t know why ANY truck driver pays at an MSA? :sunglasses:

Because when your load gets pinched you have a parking ticket, which in turn satisfies the terms of the GIT insurance. Simples. :grimacing:

I’ve woken up before and I had forgotten to lock the doors before bed… oops oh well I snore that loudly they would think that there was a snarling animal in there lol

Well I’m Mr. Paranoid & I wouldn’t do anything more than lock the doors in this country. Abroad would be another matter. I wouldn’t park up anywhere dodgy anyway.

GasGas:
MMTM one night he parked up in a layby on the A38 and woke up to find two young women in his cab.
One put her finger to his lips while the other gave him a BJ.
The next morning, he woke to find his wallet was missing.

The same thing happened to him the following week, then twice the week after that, so now he parks there every night he can, and keeps a supply of wallets in the drawer under his bunk.

Boom Boom!

Haha full of Monopoly money ? I’ll have to try that one lol

Not sure if MSAs are best places for you to park to be honest mate, if only because of the expense.
If at any time I have inadvertently found myself in a potential dodgy area, both in UK and Continent, I have put both seat belts through the interior door handles with doors locked. I also carry a Baseball bat…to practice in case I get bored at anytime when parked up :wink: , (also a ball just to back up that reason…seriously)

Lucy:

Fatboy slimslow:

Because when your load gets pinched you have a parking ticket, which in turn satisfies the terms of the GIT insurance. Simples. :grimacing:

The prices that those robbing ■■■■■■■■ charge for parking should include guaranteed security.

robroy:

Lucy:

Fatboy slimslow:

The prices that those robbing [zb] charge for parking should include guaranteed security.

And a ■■■■■■■

I stand to be corrected but Extra services have Nigerian’s walking about getting money from you to pay for the parking. Cobham services the bloke there needs a word jumped up ■■■!

robroy:
I have put both seat belts through the interior door handles with doors locked.

That’s what i do it’s quick n easy but not sure it would work on all models.